Windows 10: How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickH5, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RickH5 Win User

How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10?

:)

RickH5, Jan 10, 2019

2. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
  4. How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10?

How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

Rename User Account Folder in Windows 10 Preview

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I rename the user folder in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - rename user folder

2. How to rename in User folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename in User folder?: I have a question that how to rename my current name to a different name in User folder which located in C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-in-user-folder/76bc400f-7f79-4e28-b700-57e255002609
  3. How to rename in User folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename in User folder?: I have a question that how to rename my current name to a different name in User folder which located in C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-in-user-folder/76bc400f-7f79-4e28-b700-57e255002609
  4. How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10: Hello there,I want to rename the User Folder, but I am unable to find best solution for it on the internet. Kindly help me with it.Also I want to know that if I rename the User Folder, will my apps which have their data in the user folder will stop working ??I have logged...
  5. How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?: There's a folder in C:\Users with my name on it. I want to change the folder's name so that my name isn't there anymore. Everyone is able to see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-the-folder-in-cusers/13694681-86af-442a-a99e-1e109ce6e5b5
  6. How to rename the folder inside the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to rename the folder inside the user folder?: Guys, I bought a laptop recently, and the guy who set it up named it ASUS. I am logged in with my Microsoft id, I changed the pc name in settings, then too in CMD and vs code terminal, it shows "C:\Users\Asus>" This is driving me CRAZY !!! Can't I name my Laptop Donut? pls...
  7. Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10: Hi, I was trying to change my username folder in my windows 10 home but I can't change it because previously I had Google backup and sync installed on my computer. I uninstalled that program and even deleted the folder from my computer. I couldn't change my username even...
  8. How can I rename the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I rename the user folder?: submitted by /u/AarooNHuN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4q517/how_can_i_rename_the_user_folder/
  9. Rename user folder in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename user folder in windows 10: Got the BSOD and had to reload Windows 10. My email address starts with MNstrel@ so windows made my user folder MNstr. I want my user folder to be my name, David B........ My microsoft account has my full name. My user account has my full name. When I try to make a local...
  10. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...