Windows 10: How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product...

Discus and support How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to repair my Windows 10 Home installation with the Media Creation tool. After it "Checks for updates" and "Checks my PC," it says "We're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by milkncookie, May 11, 2020.

1. How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product...

I am trying to repair my Windows 10 Home installation with the Media Creation tool. After it "Checks for updates" and "Checks my PC," it says "We're getting a few things ready," and then it displays, "Windows 10 Setup...Setup has failed to validate the product key."

I believe but I can't remember that my Windows 10 Home was originally a free upgrade from Windows 7 which I performed immediately after buying the computer a few years ago. I can locate my product key via the cmd window.

I also installed gpedit.msc, but I do not know how to edit the Group policies if that would help for it to successfully run the repair/re-installation. I got that idea from this website:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2080845-unable-to-validate-product-key

I have also added an ei.cfg and PID.txt files to the support folder of the ESD-USB ISO I created, but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help me get past this error so that I can repair Windows 10!

The reason for the repair and installation is that I am having trouble with Microsoft Store and OneNote, and I get a different BSOD every few days. When I check the error reason, it's typically related to Windows Updates, svchost, searchindexer.exe, and WindowsCamera.exe. I feel like I may need to start over.

Thanks for your help!

How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product... 6dcc5db4-5877-4ce6-98cf-7ff0318b6ff1?upload=true.jpg

How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product... 590ab379-4aa4-45c5-93de-eb340fe3c9f9?upload=true.jpg

How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product... 4e64e634-5137-41a0-be2a-148903c52a68?upload=true.jpg

:)

milkncookie, May 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Setup has failed to validate the product key

Hi,

I've been having some problems installing a program (VS2017 community edition) and someone suggested that a fix might be to repair my installation of Windows 10.

I've downloaded the windows 10 iso and burnt it to disc, but whenever I run it I get the messages "Please Wait">"We're Getting Some Things Ready"> "Windows 10 Setup has failed to validate the product key".

I can't get any further so I can't see if there is a repair installation option.

I thought maybe it was because I had a few outstanding windows updates to install and tried that but Windows update fails each time too.

Any suggestions on what could be causing it and possible fixes?

Thanks

MrCalavera, May 11, 2020
  3. Bob100R Win User
    Windows 10 Repair fails to validate product code

Hi

I've read alot of posts about people having issues upgrading to Windows 10 with the process failing to validate the product key, but I'm having a similar issue with trying to run from the ISO with the hope of repairing my Windows 10 install. I've been getting
    alot of BSOD and having difficulty with Windows Updates.

I originally updraded to Windows 10 during the free promotion time and performed a clean install from an ISO I burned onto a DVD.

Now I'm trying to run that same ISO to perform a repair.

After running setup from the ISO in my DVD drive:

Get important updates - tried both options of download now and not right now

get the same end behavior

Getting a few things ready

this is where the error occurs:

Windows 10 Setup

Setup has failed to validate the product key

Only option left is a Close button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Bob

Bob100R, May 11, 2020
  4. Gmansg Win User

How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product...

Window10 setup failed to validate the product key

I am upgrading Windows 7 pro to Windows 10, but keep getting this error "Window10 setup failed to validate the product key."

Gmansg, May 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product...

1. How do I repair my Windows 10 Home installation - "Setup has failed to validate the product... - Similar Threads - repair Home installation

2. Windows 10 Setup error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key.: I'm trying to upgrade my desktop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I keep getting this error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key....
  3. Windows 10 Setup error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Setup error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key.: I'm trying to upgrade my desktop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I keep getting this error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key....
  4. Windows 10 Setup error message. Setup has failed to validate the product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Setup Has Failed to Validate the Product Key

Windows 10 Setup Has Failed to Validate the Product Key: while upgrading windows 10 1809 to LTSC getting the below error " Setup has failed to validate the product key" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-has-failed-to-validate-the/08ae193e-3cb4-4757-baf0-499bba0229d0
  6. Windows 10 Setup has failed to validate the product key

Windows 10 Setup has failed to validate the product key: Hello, I just got a new computer and it has Windows 10 Home on it. I'm trying to download windows 10 Pro but whenever I run setup it says that it failed to validate the product key, even though Windows is activated. How do I fix this?...
  7. Setup has failed to validate the product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setup has failed to validate the product key: how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-has-failed-to-validate-the-product-key/a8aecc05-6bcd-4cec-83eb-d67816fa959b"
  8. Windows 10 setup failed to validate product key.

Windows 10 setup failed to validate product key.: Ive been trying to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 from windows 7 32bit, i have license and a product key. i followed the instructions came with the email to install the software, but it only went through until setting up windows 10, then it gives me a notification that the...
  9. Windows 10 Repair fails to validate product code

Windows 10 Repair fails to validate product code: Hi I've read alot of posts about people having issues upgrading to Windows 10 with the process failing to validate the product key, but I'm having a similar issue with trying to run from the ISO with the hope of repairing my Windows 10 install. I've been getting alot of...
  10. Setup failed to validate the product key

Setup failed to validate the product key: I am trying to upgrade windows 7 premium to windows 10. when I run setup I get the message: Setup failed to validate the product key. I have run the troubleshooter and get the following error message: windows update error 0x800F081 any help greatly appreciated......