Windows 10: How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps

Discus and support How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated the permission on the WindowsApps folder in an attempt to get a game controller to work with a game, and now the game won't load; It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SB_758, Feb 26, 2020.

1. SB_758 Win User

How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps

I updated the permission on the WindowsApps folder in an attempt to get a game controller to work with a game, and now the game won't load; It involved changing the folder's permissions to the current user from TrustedInstaller.

After performing the initial change, it said the "Users MYCOMP\Users" permission has an error where it says "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one."

The game didn't load, and still doesn't after I changed it back to TrustedInstaller. I also attempted a System Restore, but it only had a restore point for the C drive, whereas the WindowsApp folder is on a different drive.

How would I do an automated repair on the program? I'm fine with deleting the WindowsApp folder or uninstalling it somehow and reinstalling the game, which is the only app I use it for as far as I can tell.

:)

SB_758, Feb 26, 2020

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 26, 2020
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 26, 2020
  4. How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps

Can't reinstall WindowsApps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) What is the exact error you get while reinstalling apps?

I suggest you to check the with different user account.

To Create a new user account refer to the below steps:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Choose Accounts and then
    select Other User Accounts towards the left.

3. Select
    Add an Account.

4. Enter a
    user name and hit Next.

5. Click on
    Finish.

6. Sign out from the
    current Account and Log into the new account.

7. Check if issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps and check if it helps.

1) Open PowerShell as an administrator. To do this, click the Start button to open the Start menu, go to
    All apps > Windows PowerShell and right-click on Windows PowerShell.

Click Run as administrator from the dropdown menu. You may see a pop-up window asking you if you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer -- click
    Yes to proceed.

2) Type or paste the following code into the PowerShell window:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

3) Press the Enter key.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps

1. How do I repair/reinstall WindowsApps - Similar Threads - repair reinstall WindowsApps

2. How do I reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstalling: How do I reinstalling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstalling/cb229557-cb54-4b49-9510-b7e22c0d05d0
  3. How do I reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstalling: How do I reinstalling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstalling/cb229557-cb54-4b49-9510-b7e22c0d05d0
  4. How do I reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?

How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?: Pertinent computer info:Device name Denver Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID 66049179-4A7A-4D43-979A-587995C5B0C7 Product ID 00325-96108-90623-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  6. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder: My old laptop broke and i had a windows app folder on my :D i have a new pc now and i cant delete it i read tutorials and they all did not work submitted by /u/Agreeable_Ad_7313 [link] [comments]...
  7. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...
  8. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...
  9. How do I move a WindowsApps folder app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move a WindowsApps folder app?: Here's the scenario. Running latest Windows 10 version 1903 Yours truly got a new SSD. Initialized, runs fine, shows up in My PC. Great. I want to move The Outer Worlds, installed through GamePass on one of my HDDs, to my new SSD. Should be a trivial click on "Move" from...
  10. How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?: I know that the WindowsApps folder is for the apps I installed from the windows store but I moved it into my D:/ drive instead of the C:/ drive. It's just kind of cluttering up space and I want to hide it since I won't open it anyway. Whenever I try to do Properties > Hide,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get-appxpackage reapir windowsapps

2. repair windowsapps folder

3. windowsapps folder hide in w10

4. get-appxpackage allusers reinstall onedrive,
  5. windowsapp folder reinstall