Windows 10: How DO I repair System Restore's functioning

Discus and support How DO I repair System Restore's functioning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have run System Restore to remove some browsers and games I installed to test them and my graphics processor. System restore advised me with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bones1215, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Bones1215 Win User

How DO I repair System Restore's functioning

I have run System Restore to remove some browsers and games I installed to test them and my graphics processor. System restore advised me with an error message that none of my files were restored. I will paste the message so you will see the error's cause. Please guide me in the restoring System Restore. Regards

How DO I repair System Restore's functioning [​IMG]

:)

Bones1215, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 30, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How DO I repair System Restore's functioning - Similar Threads - repair System Restore's

2. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  3. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  4. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  6. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  7. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

8. Restore function of File History. How do I do this.

Restore function of File History. How do I do this.: I am trying to restore files that have been removed from my computer. It is giving me problems because the location doesn't exist any more. What do I need to do?...
  9. How do I perform System Restore

How do I perform System Restore: Split from this thread. How do I restore my computer windows 10 to earlier date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-perform-system-restore/712bf6f8-c461-4d30-be17-54d5f9663a69
  10. System Restore is not functioning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore is not functioning: I open the System Properties window, select System Protection tab. My drive never comes up and all the option boxes are grayed out. Can anyone help? [img] 63095