Windows 10: How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to...

Discus and support How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I installed the KB4524147 Windows 10 update, shut down my laptop PC, and later tried to restart it, it was completely power-dead. I googled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DJammer, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DJammer Win User

How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to...

After I installed the KB4524147 Windows 10 update, shut down my laptop PC, and later tried to restart it, it was completely power-dead. I googled the issue and tried removing the battery/unplugging power supply, and then holding down the power button for 30+ seconds; and then put the battery back in and hit the power button to start/boot. It worked the first time, but the next time I tried the same steps and it was completely dead. I tried other suggestions from online forums and help FAQs, and nothing worked. Maybe the fifth time I tried something, it did regain power and turned on. I reasoned that since the problem occurred right after the 10/4 update, I'd try uninstalling that update--especially when I considered the many problems others had reported with the KB4524147 update. I uninstalled it and the problem went COMPLETELY away.

Now, the update is again being forced on me and I am concerned it will again **** my PC laptop's power. Where can I report problems with this update (KB4524147)?

Thanks!

:)

DJammer, Oct 7, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to... pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Oct 7, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to... windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to...

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I report a major problem with the Windows 10 6647578 update? Caused my laptop to... - Similar Threads - report major problem

2. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  3. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Updates causing major changes to my settings.: I am aware that this is not a new issue but I need to make my view known in this discussion. Given the security issues with windows 7 , I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 Pro version. I spent some time getting the settings the way I need them for my use of the laptop. I...
  6. Major problems with my windows 10

Major problems with my windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10... So I recently installed a fresh new windows 10 for my PC, It is an old build 10240 version that I got on my USB years back ago, But it's okay because I can update it I thought... So then after it finished installing I...
  7. Windows Update - Major Problem!

Windows Update - Major Problem!: Hi, I've been getting messages in Windows 10 for a couple of months to complete an update before November or I will fall out of support. I have attempted A few times without success and decided to try again today. I triggered to update, at around 24% the machine restarted...
  8. Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!

Latest Windows update causing major headache with my staff laptops and my domain!: 2/12/2019. I come into work this morning and am hit with 8 staff members who cannnot use their laptop after Windows update!! After login, screen is dark blue with nothing but a flashing task bar. Hours of frustration, nothing that I do works. SO tired of Microsoft and their...
  9. updates on my Lenovo Idea pad are causing major problems

updates on my Lenovo Idea pad are causing major problems: ON 12/28/18 - I STARTED THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE VERSION 1809. IT LASTED HOURS. THE NEXT MORNING, THE COMPUTER WAS STILL ON AND SAID TO "RESTART". CLICKED YES. WHEN IT STARTED UP THERE WAS A MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN SAYING "UNDOING CHANGES TO COMPUTER"....
  10. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...