Windows 10: How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.

Discus and support How do I report a scam? I already have a case number. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I report a scam. I already have a case number.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnMimm, Feb 23, 2019.

1. JohnMimm Win User

How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.

How do I report a scam. I already have a case number.

:)

JohnMimm, Feb 23, 2019

2. Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Internet Scam? How to report, if so.

Hello, this is a scam. Microsoft will never ask you to call them.

Also their phone number is googleable so if you ever get a scam call like that, then you can look it up and ignore it.

In any case, Report a scam here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/reportascam/

Zackary Vanosdol, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I report a scam? I already have a case number. - Similar Threads - report scam already

2. I have a case # 1016110707

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a case # 1016110707: Earlier this evening a Microsoft technician on remote access updated my PC to the latest version of Windows. This was to have been a two-step process in that the real need was to restore my system backup that contained all my data. She assured me that my external drive with...
  3. How do i locate a game i already have installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i locate a game i already have installed: I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on my other drive or di o have to completely reinstall the game...
  4. How do I report cheater?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report cheater?: I am a big fan of old games. But the problem is that it seems impossible to get a report filed in. It should be so easy to run a script and remove the cheaters but there is nothing beeing done anymore. Is it possible to get an e-mail adress for aoe3 --> not DE. So they can...
  5. Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?: Do I still need a socket adapter like this File:Surge pro.JPG - Wikipedia if I already have whole house surge protection? 168508
  6. Case number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Case number: Hi, I called microsoft support, they said I need to give a case number. I am in a que right now, on my phone, and wondered if I am giving this code to the person I get trasferred to, or simply write it on the phonekeyboard. I am not sure what category a case number...
  7. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

how do I report scam or a fraud situation: I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-scam-or-a-fraud-situation/45fc9f00-e1ab-4d76-af7f-ea80c4786e79
  8. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed?: Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often...
  9. Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?

Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?: I found the following number online, listed as Microsoft support : 0800 026 0330. I was ringing in regards to my office product key which I am unable to read. Anyway, it first sounded like genuine call centre ( phones ringing in the background, others talking) but then...
  10. How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How and to whom I report scams on my computers?: Microsoft scam on my MAC Air computer. Just wanted to let you know. My MAC is a backup for my Windows 10 desktop. I shut the MAC down, no damage....