Windows 10: how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

Discus and support how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I report phishing emails from microsoft ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by catherinelisa, Mar 9, 2022.

1. how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

how do I report phishing emails from microsoft ?

:)

catherinelisa, Mar 9, 2022

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 9, 2022
  3. Bastet Win User
    Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

I can’t find an email address but you can report a phishing email via the online Gmail account:
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8253?hl
    Sky email:
    L: [email protected]
    There’s also L: [email protected] or L: [email protected] for reporting spam from eBay.
    Apple: L: [email protected]
    Virginmedia: L: [email protected] (if you receive notice that spam content has been found then VM know of the phishing email).

Bastet, Mar 9, 2022
  4. Time Lady Win User

how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

Phishing scams.

Where are you seeing the phishing links?

If in a browser then use an adblocker (for Edge I recommend Adguard & Ghostery, for others use AdBlock plus).

If these don’t help you might be infected.

If they’re within emails you can report these to your ISP, if the phishers are using Yahoo, Gmail or hotmail/outlook accounts then you can report them to the respective provider - usually they have a specific email address to send these to.

MS:

Open the phishing email you want to report in Outlook.com.

Click the down arrow next to Junk in the Outlook.com toolbar.

Select Phishing scam from the drop-down menu that appears.

Yahoo:

Locate the phishing email in your inbox, trash or spam folder and click the selection box next to it. Click the chevron next to "Spam" on the toolbar. Don't click "Spam" directly or the message will simply be marked as spam and moved to your Spam folder. Click
    "Report a Phishing Scam" on the menu that appears.

Gmail:

On a computer, go to Gmail.

Open the message.

Next to Reply Reply, click More More.

Note: If you're using classic Gmail, click the Down arrow Down Arrow.

Click Report phishing.

Time Lady, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

1. how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft? - Similar Threads - report phishing spam

2. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  3. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  4. how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?: how do I report phishing emails from microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-phishing-spam-emails-from/1d031a08-0020-4159-8f69-c214234695cb
  5. how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?: how do I report phishing emails from microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-phishing-spam-emails-from/1d031a08-0020-4159-8f69-c214234695cb
  6. Is this a spam or phishing email?

Is this a spam or phishing email?: Hi Team,Could someone please let me know whether the below email is a genuine one from microsoft or is it something which need to be reported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-a-spam-or-phishing-email/d8fa4049-11ae-44d8-8b1a-20b7f042ce60
  7. Reporting possible phishing email

Reporting possible phishing email: Bought Office 365 online. Got confirmation email. Two minutes later, I got another "confirmation email", which was clearly fake. Have seen similar discussions here, but would be great if Microsoft could help to blacklist that email address somewhere to protect others. I did...
  8. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address: Please can you tell me the email address that where I can forward fraudulent @HOTmail.com for investigation? Thank you. 181886
  9. reporting phishing emails

reporting phishing emails: Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be...
  10. Report phishing email

Report phishing email: Have just received an email re "Microsoft.com Office365 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Warning: RE-ACTIVATION NOTICE! (30/07/2018) Dear Customer, We have improved our windows service agreement and privacy statement. You would be blocked from sending...