Windows 10: how do I report scam or a fraud situation

Discus and support how do I report scam or a fraud situation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielFimbres, Jul 30, 2019.

1. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT

:)

DanielFimbres, Jul 30, 2019

2. REPORTING A FRAUD

Hi,

It is a Scam.

Microsoft and their associated Companies, Partners, etc. will never contact you with cold-calls, popups, etc.

This is the advice given to anyone who has any phone calls, etc. like this about Malware, License Expiry, etc.

We all have errors and warnings in our event viewer, which is another ploy they use to scare you

These so-called "Microsoft" Tech Companies either want to sell you worthless software, or gain Remote Access to your Computer to try and steal your Banking and Credit Card details and to also carry out an Indentity Theft on you.

You are the only one who knows if you have given them Remote Access.

If you have given them Remote Access and if you do Internet Banking, contact your Bank, explain it to them and change Passwords.

If you use your Credit Card online, cancel it and get a new one issued to you.

And the only way that you willl know that you are free of them is to save your Data and do a clean install of your Operating System.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And Microsoft does not contact you, unless YOU have made prior arrangements with them to do so.

There is a section in the link I am supplying you about this at the end of it

Read this Microsoft Information:

"Avoid tech support phone scams"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Here are some of the organizations that cybercriminals claim to be from:

• Windows Helpdesk

• Windows Service Center

• Microsoft Tech Support

• Microsoft Support

• Windows Technical Department Support Group

• Microsoft Research and Development Team (Microsoft R & D Team)
    Report phone scams

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 30, 2019
  3. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

Fraud/Scam

I need your Fraud Division name and address as a Scam used your name to scam me. They said that Compgrovy was the division that removes the virus CAMPI. Now they want $495 to take care of my Microsoft Account. I unplugged my router but I am turning Microsoft
    to the Police and the Computer Fraud people.

FYI I just got an email today from Computer Geeks and I have never talked to them.

I await a reply before turning this over to the attorneys. Microsoft did nothing for me and they are trying to collect an amount from me.

Clark Dodge

* Moved from Virus & Malware

ClarkDodge1, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

how do I report scam or a fraud situation

1. how do I report scam or a fraud situation - Similar Threads - report scam fraud

2. How do I report fraud on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  3. How do I report fraud on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  4. How do I report fraud on my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?: I just got 3 emails that I am trying to sign-in, one from Indonesia, the other is from Saudi Arabia and I don't even know when the 3rd one is. How do I contact Microsoft Fraud department to tell them to check these IP addresses....
  6. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?: I just got 3 emails that I am trying to sign-in, one from Indonesia, the other is from Saudi Arabia and I don't even know when the 3rd one is. How do I contact Microsoft Fraud department to tell them to check these IP addresses....
  7. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Purchase Fraud or scam

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchase Fraud or scam: I received an email indicating that I had purchased a program, Windows Defender Protection for $399. I did not order this program. What should I do? Dan Geffner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-fraud-or-scam/bd2a5ab4-3e42-4e78-8c31-23f3e1d27cfe
  9. Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud?: Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud? Since a Windows activation key is like a 100$ it is kinda expensive. So I found a website called GVG Mall and I kinda thought it was illegal or a scam. Then I looked at the reviews some people said it was legit and some people said it was a scam...
  10. Fraud scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fraud scam: During a support session, there was a response that said "this person is not from microsoft". Click here if they say they are from microsoft. Then was sent to the following page which I'm not sure was from microsoft. Was I really talking to "Microsoft support" or a fake...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1-858-451-4210

2. 858-451-4210.

3. 858-451-4210