Windows 10: How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?

Discus and support How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatrickBarlow1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?

How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?

:)

PatrickBarlow1, Apr 16, 2019

2. itunes library

I know, I know, iTunes is crap yadda yadda. Now on to my post. I have a large iTunes library on a desktop PC. I am upgrading that PC with a new HDD, etc and am wondering if I can just copy the iTunes library folder over to the new HDD and hae everything work as it should. does anyone have experience with doing that?

Easy Rhino, Apr 16, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    itunes library

Yes, you can. All you need to do is go into your iTunes' preferences menu and select which folder root the data is located in.

RCoon, Apr 16, 2019
  4. hapkiman Win User

itunes library

This is the method I have used several times on my wife's computers is to just copy the iTunes Media folder. This contains all the movies and music you have in iTunes.

Just go to File Explorer > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media. Copy the whole iTunes Media folder to a USB drive (*warning* depending upon how much media you have on your drive, this folder could be quite large, so make sure you have a good 16-32GB USB flash drive. I used a USB 3.0 Adata 64GB jump drive as my wife has almost 60GB of stuff!). Then go make a cup of coffee and eat a donut because it takes a minute.

After you have all the data on the flash drive, set it aside and do your drive upgrade. Then just re-download iTunes to your new harddrive and drag the iTunes Media folder from your jump drive to replace the empty new iTunes media folder you just downloaded.

Simple and works like a charm.

hapkiman, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library? - Similar Threads - resave MP3 Itunes

2. Itunes Library id cannot be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes Library id cannot be read: Trying to install ITUNES on laptap 64bit windows and get error "The file 'ITunes Library id' cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of Itunes. Any ideas...
  3. Itunes Library id cannot be read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Itunes Library id cannot be read: Trying to install ITUNES on laptap 64bit windows and get error "The file 'ITunes Library id' cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of Itunes. Any ideas...
  4. unable to edit my itunes library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to edit my itunes library: unable to edit my itunes library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-edit-my-itunes-library/2f270954-baf9-4258-8f38-01af8aa522c1
  5. unable to edit my itunes library

unable to edit my itunes library: unable to edit my itunes library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-edit-my-itunes-library/2f270954-baf9-4258-8f38-01af8aa522c1
  6. unable to edit my itunes library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MP3 files online automatically go into Itunes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MP3 files online automatically go into Itunes.: So on my Windows 10 computer, I download sound fx online to use in my videos, and whenever I download them, they automatically go to an app like Itunes. The mp3 files used to automatically go to a folder, or at least allow me to choose the location in which the file would go...
  8. Moving my iTunes library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my iTunes library: I have a Bose SOUNDTOUCH 20 Series III and I can't locate my Music Library to add it to the service. i did some research on the Bose sight and found the following instructions for locating the Music Library. I've done step one and set iTunes to "Share iTunes Library XML...
  9. How do I move my iTunes library (9,100 tunes) to Windows Media?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I move my iTunes library (9,100 tunes) to Windows Media?: How do I move my iTunes library (9,100 tunes) to Windows Media? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-my-itunes-library-9100-tunes-to/fec1a7f4-d01f-4650-bc8b-fed6e95eb60e
  10. How do I download Itunes?

How do I download Itunes?: I have windows 10. How do I download Itunes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-itunes/b00d5477-bbdd-4a98-978e-54feb7ede5f0