Windows 10: How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account

Discus and support How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Created an account using my credit card for my child. but I did not note the password. However when I try to reset the password there is only one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SasD1kl, Dec 1, 2019.

1. SasD1kl Win User

How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account

Created an account using my credit card for my child. but I did not note the password. However when I try to reset the password there is only one option to fill a form. The form includes a bunch of services which my child never used. So it is failing with not - enough - info to reset the password.

Please advise.

:)

SasD1kl, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 1, 2019
  3. LeftThan Win User
    Reset childs family account password by parent

Hello,

I created an account for my child and added to my family.

After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the password I realised that I could not. Microsoft asked
    for things like previous passwords and contacts for an account that never logged in !!!

Am I missing something or a parent should have the ability to reset a small childs password easily?

Whare are all these bigs things that Microsoft claims to ease family access and children monitoring, when a parent cannot reset a password?

I spent hours trying to gain access for my child to its account and I end up with a message to wait for 24 hours.

This is not a national security issue. It is a simple child account. I am giving up. I expected from Microsoft to make life easier but it is making it harder and more complicated.

LeftThan, Dec 1, 2019
  4. RedHeron Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

I'm also having issues with this.

There is NO OPTION to change the password, either in Windows 10 or in the family management area of the online account preferences. My son is disabled, and has issues with memory, but proudly remembered his password until recently, when he changed it. He's
    just turned 7 years old. Why am I not permitted to clearly manage the account?

When I go to Settings -> Account -> Family & Other People there are no options.

The Family Safety control panel does not exist on my computer.

The Microsoft account management feature connected to my son's email address (which we have set up with his school to manage schoolwork this year) does not have any obvious option to reset the password.

So... again, how do we do this?

RedHeron, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account - Similar Threads - reset childs account

2. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  3. How do I either reset a childs password in MS Family, or add a passcode to the account?

How do I either reset a childs password in MS Family, or add a passcode to the account?: I set up a child's MS account quite some time ago, and I have forgotten the password. When I try to log into my child's account, and hit "forgot password", it states that I can't reset it, and have to go to the MS account. I would thing as a parent, it shouldn't bee too hard...
  4. How to reset a child account password?

How to reset a child account password?: I am trying to reset my child's < 13 password. This happened after I applied the latest Windows 10 update on the laptop which somehow locked up / stopped recognizing both of our passwords. I was able to get mine reset only but can't reset hers. While the help talks about...
  5. How to reset a child account password

How to reset a child account password: My child has forgotten her password to her outlook.com account and when I try to reset it, the security phone number linked to it is not valid. I see no way to change the number used. Her account is part of my family group, but I see no way to reset her password from there. I...
  6. Reset Child's account password

Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  7. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  8. How to reset child account password

How to reset child account password: 1. Child 8 yo cannot remember their password 2. There is no function to change or reset this in the Family admin section 3. Child has never used any other MS product no email, xbox, etc, just logs into the account = 'not enough information to reset password' from the reset...
  9. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  10. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change child outlook password

2. microsoft reset child.oassword

3. is there any way i can reset my childs microsoft account

4. change family child password,
  5. microsoft reset child account password