Windows 10: How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account

Discus and support How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Created an account using my credit card for my child. but I did not note the password. However when I try to reset the password there is only one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SasD1kl, Dec 1, 2019.

1. SasD1kl Win User

How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account

Created an account using my credit card for my child. but I did not note the password. However when I try to reset the password there is only one option to fill a form. The form includes a bunch of services which my child never used. So it is failing with not - enough - info to reset the password.

Please advise.

:)

SasD1kl, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 1, 2019
  3. LeftThan Win User
    Reset childs family account password by parent

Hello,

I created an account for my child and added to my family.

After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the password I realised that I could not. Microsoft asked
    for things like previous passwords and contacts for an account that never logged in !!!

Am I missing something or a parent should have the ability to reset a small childs password easily?

Whare are all these bigs things that Microsoft claims to ease family access and children monitoring, when a parent cannot reset a password?

I spent hours trying to gain access for my child to its account and I end up with a message to wait for 24 hours.

This is not a national security issue. It is a simple child account. I am giving up. I expected from Microsoft to make life easier but it is making it harder and more complicated.

LeftThan, Dec 1, 2019
  4. RedHeron Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

I'm also having issues with this.

There is NO OPTION to change the password, either in Windows 10 or in the family management area of the online account preferences. My son is disabled, and has issues with memory, but proudly remembered his password until recently, when he changed it. He's
    just turned 7 years old. Why am I not permitted to clearly manage the account?

When I go to Settings -> Account -> Family & Other People there are no options.

The Family Safety control panel does not exist on my computer.

The Microsoft account management feature connected to my son's email address (which we have set up with his school to manage schoolwork this year) does not have any obvious option to reset the password.

So... again, how do we do this?

RedHeron, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account - Similar Threads - reset childs account

2. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  3. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  4. Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...

Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I...: Child's device shows up in 'Family Devices' but is not linked to child's account. How do I get it specifically linked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-device-shows-up-in-family-devices-but-is/1c0ca7ca-9fd9-4519-8eca-c8b61d1be812"
  5. Help reset family account - kids password

Help reset family account - kids password: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  6. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  7. resetting child's linked account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    resetting child's linked account: I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the default password I setup for them when I created their accounts. When I try to reset their passwords, the system sends my...
  8. Cannot reset child account password

Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  9. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  10. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...