Windows 10: How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ?

Discus and support How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to log into a second new laptop. When the account was setup on the 2nd laptop, my daughter put in the wrong email address. How can I reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackHollis1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ?

I am trying to log into a second new laptop. When the account was setup on the 2nd laptop, my daughter put in the wrong email address. How can I reset the password and replace the information with the correct email address that is associated with my Microsoft Account ? I have tried several variations of the (wrong) email address based on what I thought that it might be but it still has rejected every one entered. I received a numerical password that was rejected and have been unable to request a second one.

:)

JackHollis1, Oct 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Oct 4, 2019
  4. How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ?

reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ?

1. How do I reset a password on second laptop so that it will sync with my Microsoft account ? - Similar Threads - reset password second

2. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  3. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  4. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password: How do I reset my sbcglobal.net password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-sbdcglobalnet-account-password/7b92cb2d-cdea-470e-a41d-af6d5ca79671
  6. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password: How do I reset my sbcglobal.net password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-sbdcglobalnet-account-password/7b92cb2d-cdea-470e-a41d-af6d5ca79671
  7. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How can I reset my Microsoft account password?

How can I reset my Microsoft account password?: I forgot my password to this my Microsoft account and do not have another email address or phone number associated with this account. And I also do not remember the password for the associated Gmail account. How can I reset my password?...
  9. How can I reset my Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my Microsoft account password?: I forgot my password to this my Microsoft account and do not have another email address or phone number associated with this account. And I also do not remember the password for the associated Gmail account. How can I reset my password?...
  10. How do I reset my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset my password: Alright so, I wanna get my password back but the Account Recovery Request doesn't work well since if you tried to take a guess its gonna be unabled to verify. Using the code thingy doesn't work since it uses my old number. Please tell me how to get my password back? Also deez...