Windows 10: How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

Discus and support How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" restores all the settings in the scheme. But I did not record the default value of a setting before I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuryaGadde, May 24, 2020.

1. How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

I know "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" restores all the settings in the scheme. But I did not record the default value of a setting before I changed it. Now I want to restore that setting. How do I do this?

:)

SuryaGadde, May 24, 2020

2. Power Options

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the power options. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 24, 2020
  3. Power saving options issue

Hello there. Without even changing anything just yet, the power saver option now works. However, I'm still having the issue with "Energy Saver settings" not appearing in the advanced power options. Also, "powercfg-restoredefaultschemes" is not a command.
    I noticed, however, that powercfg is a command but restoredefaultschemes is not a command switch listed in the help menu. Was there a typo or does this command actually not exist and this was a miscommunication?

The Broken Record, May 24, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

power option does not show "turn on fast startup"

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, May 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

1. How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command? - Similar Threads - reset specific power

2. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  3. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  4. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?: Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can...
  5. How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to uncheck the power setting of NIC by using powercfg command?: Hi, everyone. I hope to use powercfg command code to uncheck the power setting of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" of my network chip named as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (12) I219-V. Q. Please you tell me that the command code of powercfg can...
  6. How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a built-in Power mode control, available when you click on the […] This article How to change Power configuration for performance using PowerCFG in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The process power state is a feature under Power Options that determines the CPU […] This article How to change Processor Power State when on battery using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Power Plan is an important part of your computer, especially if it’s a laptop […] This article How to change the Power Plan type using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line

in Windows 10 News
    Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Power Configuration or powercfg.exe is a command-line tool in Windows which allows you to configure power system settings. It is especially useful for laptops which run on battery and will enable you to configure hardware-specific configurations which are...
  10. How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware: I noticed that: InfDefaultInstall.exe pnputil Add-WindowsDriver (Dism.exe) They just add the driver to the system-driver storage pool,The choice of the driver is entirely determined by the system, and he will rank the drive.Pick what it thinks is the "best driver". In fact,...