Windows 10: How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

Discus and support How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 4 years ago a former friend "helped" me set up my new computer. I later realized that they used their phone number to build the administrator account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SLH user, May 24, 2024.

1. SLH user Win User

How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

4 years ago a former friend "helped" me set up my new computer. I later realized that they used their phone number to build the administrator account, and they built me a local user account. I don't have their password, so I can't fully use my computer. Can't download applications for instance. Is it possible to reset the administrator account without the password? ... or am I going to have to wipe my computer and re-install windows? thanks

:)

SLH user, May 24, 2024
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 24, 2024
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 24, 2024
  4. How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN?

Lot of work just to do that one thing.

Anyone have a step by step? There is apparently an unknown local password set and it can not be changed. I login with PIN on all my PC.

sdowney717, May 24, 2024
Thema:

How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

1. How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password? - Similar Threads - reset adminstraor local

2. How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?: 4 years ago a former friend "helped" me set up my new computer. I later realized that they used their phone number to build the administrator account, and they built me a local user account. I don't have their password, so I can't fully use my computer. Can't download...
  3. How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset adminstraor to local user without having adminstrator password?: 4 years ago a former friend "helped" me set up my new computer. I later realized that they used their phone number to build the administrator account, and they built me a local user account. I don't have their password, so I can't fully use my computer. Can't download...
  4. How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?: I was working on my Dell XPS laptop till lunch time today. Came back to locked laptop. I entered my local login and got the incorrect password message. I do not have the password reset disk, what can I do?...
  5. How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?

How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?: I was working on my Dell XPS laptop till lunch time today. Came back to locked laptop. I entered my local login and got the incorrect password message. I do not have the password reset disk, what can I do?...
  6. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...: My father recently passed away and I only have access to my account on his computer. I use the computer for school now and am not able to download certain programs I need. Please advise!...
  7. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...: My father recently passed away and I only have access to my account on his computer. I use the computer for school now and am not able to download certain programs I need. Please advise!...
  8. How do I reset the admin password without the reset disk and access only to the local user...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Local User password reset.

Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  10. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...