Windows 10: How do I reset custom view ''administrative events' in Event Viewer

Discus and support How do I reset custom view ''administrative events' in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how do I reset the custom view ''administrative events'', which is the first class of event that windows create ? i do not want to erase the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lqlaow, May 30, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

How do I reset custom view ''administrative events' in Event Viewer

how do I reset the custom view ''administrative events'', which is the first class of event that windows create ?

i do not want to erase the other logs, only this one

:)

lqlaow, May 30, 2019

2. Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, May 30, 2019
  3. DKO777 Win User
    How do I open Event Viewer with Window Event Viewer: Custom Views> Adminstrative Events?

Hi
    How do I reset custom view ''administrative events' in Event Viewer [​IMG]

I open Windows Event Viewer often (most days) to take a look for entries in the Windows 10 created Filter

Custom Views> ServerRoles> Administrative Events. (especially as my Win 10Pro (x64) is newly installed)What I wish to seek advice on is, how can I adjust my Desktop shortcut
    %windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s so that when I click on it Window Event Viewer will always open with
    Custom Views> ServerRoles> Administrative Events expanded (which I believe is a Windows filter). I did manage to work out how to open with "Windows Logs> Applications" but I am not able to use the same method with
    Administrative Events.

My clean install of Win 10 Pro (x64) Windows Event Viewer always opens with Event Viewer (Local) and I have to drill down the tree each time to view "Administrative Events"

I have searched the Web (without success) and also viewed eventvwr /? via cmd.exe but it is beyond my understanding in relation to what I wish to achieve.

I am hoping somebody can kindly advise me on what I need in my shortcut.

Many thanks

DKO777, May 30, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views

After a clean install mine starts at the top in Event Viewer Local.

I tend to use event viewer - custom views - administrative events because thats there most of the pertinent information is. But if I close it it goes back to the top level.

swarfega, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I reset custom view ''administrative events' in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - reset custom view

2. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  3. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  4. Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?: The Administrative Events window quickly fills up with DistributedCOM warnings and errors. I tried to fix this, but in the end, couldn't get past the final step: Fixing DistributedCOM error 10016 Failing that (any other ideas folks on how to fix rather than hide the...
  5. Where does Event viewer store its Custom view definitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where does Event viewer store its Custom view definitions: I cannot find where Event viewer saves its Custom view definitions so I cannot include them in my routine backups. - I have looked for files with the name of some of my Custom views but have not found anything. - I have looked the Registry for the name of some of my Custom...
  6. Event viewer : error when creating custom view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer : error when creating custom view: Hi, I can't create a custom view. When I click on "Custom View" under "Event Viewer (Local)" I get an error "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" [ATTACH] The detailed error appears after : [ATTACH] Content is :...
  7. How to create Custom Views in Event Viewer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Custom Views in Event Viewer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] In the Windows operating system, we use Event Viewer to troubleshoot any of the computer problems. It is the most amazing tool that keeps logs about the system events and security events. It monitors for both the software and hardware [...] This post How to create...
  8. Event viewer on laptop-unable to create a custom view

Event viewer on laptop-unable to create a custom view: Am trying to create a custom view within Windows 10 x64 1809 on my laptop. Regretfully I can't select a log file - or whatever - all is greyed out. This versus event viewer Windows 10 x64 1803 on PC. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! [img] 121816
  9. How do I open Event Viewer with Custom Views> Adminstrative Events?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open Event Viewer with Custom Views> Adminstrative Events?: Hi *Smile, I open Windows Event Viewer often (most days) to take a look for entries in the Windows 10 created Filter Custom Views> ServerRoles> Administrative Events. (especially as my Win 10Pro (x64) is newly installed)What I wish to seek advice on is, how can I adjust...
  10. Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views

Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views: For some reason Event Viewer now starts on my laptop showing Custom Views (see below). How do I fix it so Event Viewer starts showing the top level item in the menu Event Viewer (Local)? [img] 92682

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can Windows Event Viewer settings get reset?