Windows 10: How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10

Discus and support How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a pc that is giving me a message that some settings are managed by the organization. These are: Disable Automatic Updates Source:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chuck Balogh, Sep 25, 2019.

1. How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10

I have a pc that is giving me a message that some settings are managed by the organization. These are:

Disable Automatic Updates

Source: Administrator

Type: Group Policy

Get updates for other Microsoft products

Set Automatic Update options

Under Local Group Policy/Computer Configuration and User Configuration, I have checked under Administrative Templates/Windows Updates and there is NOTHING set. All values are still at default.

Am I missing something? Do I actually have to be logged in AS the Administrator? I am logged in as a user with Admin rights.

This pc is NOT on a domain; just a workgroup. I do not believe that it has EVER been joined to a domain.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro and it is update to date.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Chuck Balogh, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 25, 2019
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Sep 25, 2019
  4. How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10

1. How Do I Reset Group Policy to Defaults in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Group Policy

2. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  3. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  4. Windows 10 Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Group Policy: I need to Run My Dot Net C# application to be run with admin privileges' without UAC. So I have mistakenly added my exe name in group policy under "allow to run only specified windows application" and restarted system.Now I am not able to access any of windows application not...
  5. Removing ALL Group Policy & reset to Windows 10 defaults

Removing ALL Group Policy & reset to Windows 10 defaults: I just bought a used desktop PC loaded with Windows 10 Pro on ebay. Apparently, it was pre-owned by a business, as it had Group Policy restrictions on it. I literally couldn't even check for Windows Updates or even bring up that Setting. I researched the internet and followed...
  6. How do I remove Windows 10 group policy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove Windows 10 group policy?: I bought a "new" X1 carbon off ebay, and after setting up the laptop, I discovered that Windows updates are disabled because of group policy. I would like to remove this group policy. Is this possible? Will reinstalling Windows 10 fix it? submitted by /u/simmeh-chan...
  7. Group Policy and the Default Printer

Group Policy and the Default Printer: I work at a library and we have computers for our patrons. I have manually installed 2 local printers, "a" and "b", on these public computers. They both use LPT1 as their port and they are not shared. I have created entries in Group Policy to delete unneeded printers, such...
  8. reset group policies

reset group policies: I am getting the message "Some settings are managed by your organization" in windows update settings and "options to choose when updates are installed" are greyed out. Looking at "policies set on your device" several are listed, as Source: Administrator, and Type: "Group...
  9. How do I enable Group Policy Editor.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Group Policy Editor.: I have a window 10 laptop and am trying to download window group policy, I have searched everywhere online either am scare of virus or lose all my PC data....
  10. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 domain gpo reset