Windows 10: how do i reset how my downloaded files open with

Discus and support how do i reset how my downloaded files open with in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so basicly i accidentally pressed open with on my file and then i pressed chrome and then now when i download things on chrome it shows up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FortunesLuck, Sep 10, 2020.

1. how do i reset how my downloaded files open with

so basicly i accidentally pressed open with on my file and then i pressed chrome and then now when i download things on chrome it shows up with the chrome icon and when i open the file all that happens is chrome downloading the file agian so basiccly i cant download files on websites beacuase i want to install forge for my minecraft and all that shows up is chrome opening up and i would like to know how to reset it to its normal state and i would like answers please and thank you...

:)

FortunesLuck, Sep 10, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 10, 2020
  4. how do i reset how my downloaded files open with

Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

how do i reset how my downloaded files open with

1. how do i reset how my downloaded files open with - Similar Threads - reset downloaded files

2. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5
  3. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5
  4. How do I reset my open with .package files to none?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reset my open with .package files to none?: I accidentally made my .package files open with chrome and I want to change it back to none the white paper but when I'm at the screen to change it, there's no option to have it open with nothing...
  5. How do I reset my open with .package files to none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my open with .package files to none?: I accidentally made my .package files open with chrome and I want to change it back to none the white paper but when I'm at the screen to change it, there's no option to have it open with nothing...
  6. How do I reset my open with .package files to none?

7. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "How do you want to open this file?" Reset: When I tried to open a file i couldn't open, it asked me what app i wanted to use to open it. I accidentally clicked a random app and can't return it back to it's original state. anyone have any idea on how to fix this?...
  8. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "How do you want to open this file?" Reset: When I tried to open a file i couldn't open, it asked me what app i wanted to use to open it. I accidentally clicked a random app and can't return it back to it's original state. anyone have any idea on how to fix this?...
  9. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

10. How do I open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open this file?: [img] I'm not computer savvy and I'm trying to download a mod for Sims 3. I finally extracted the zipped file and what appears next to it is an internet explorer icon. I double clicked on it and it opened up my download manager window like in the picture. Except when I...