Windows 10: how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc?

Discus and support how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; main display screen has suddenly shifted to secondary screen. in addition, settings feature no longer offers full options of display setting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChezMinard-Jacobson, Sep 27, 2019.

1. how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc?

main display screen has suddenly shifted to secondary screen. in addition, settings feature no longer offers full options of display setting.

:)

ChezMinard-Jacobson, Sep 27, 2019

2. Win 10 desk top reply to FIX suggestion

Thank you\for the information I do not have a Desktop only a black screen so there is no Start either I did a work around did get to

I was able to run SFC /scannow

And errors were repaired

But it did not fix my problem

I did do a disc format and a reinstall that should fixed

And corruption

Any other ideas

Read
    this reply
    on Microsoft Community

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Santosh_Rai.

Title:

Win 10 desk top

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur, when some of the System components got corrupted.

As per your query, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note:Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

I asked this question days ago

I have had several ideas but nothing has worked

maybe if I word the question more carefully

my PC has 2 hard drives one is Win 7 / Win 7 works

the other drive is Win 10

Win 10 boots up and everything looks normal

all the displays look correct, i.e. sign in my desk top

the problem in about 3 seconds the desk top screen goes black

I do ctrl alt delete and I get a normal screen and from Task manager

I go to Internet Explorer or Office or Outlook everything works

the screen display is normal - but no desk top - icons - start menu etc that part

is still all black

it seems that everything video is ok

something happens to Win 10 desk top

Ray N Robinson, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

@starflyr

Use the WINDOWS + ARROW (left | right | up | down) keyboard combination to snap windows to sides on screen.

Example 1: I have Command Prompt open. I now want to snap it to the left, covering 50% of the screen, I press WIN + LEFT and I get this:

how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc? [​IMG]

Example 2: Now I decide that I also need File Explorer opened right of Command Prompt, so I press WIN + RIGHT while FE is selected and I now have this:

Example 3: Now I need one more console window and I want to put it below the already opened Console by doing the following:
    1. I select the opened Console and press WIN + UP
    2. I open a new Console Window and press WIN + LEFT followed by WIN + DOWN

That gives me this:

Hope this helps you manage side by side windows better. how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc? :)

slicendice, Sep 27, 2019
  4. how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc?

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc?

1. how do i reset multiple display screens in win 10 desk top pc? - Similar Threads - reset multiple display

2. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desk tops: I can create multiple desktops but they are all the same. What I do on the first desktop is the same as on the others. If I delete something off one, it deletes off all the others as well. I want to be able to assign each desktop to different uses. I was told I could use...
  3. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple desk tops: I can create multiple desktops but they are all the same. What I do on the first desktop is the same as on the others. If I delete something off one, it deletes off all the others as well. I want to be able to assign each desktop to different uses. I was told I could use...
  4. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top: Will win 11 support Remote Desk Top? Is it included in the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-and-remote-desk-top/daff9602-d7bd-4892-9db9-b5d91ea3f157
  6. WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top

WIN 11 and Remote Desk Top: Will win 11 support Remote Desk Top? Is it included in the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-and-remote-desk-top/daff9602-d7bd-4892-9db9-b5d91ea3f157
  7. Desk top display problem

Desk top display problem: I have about 1 account saved to my desktop and chats from the internet that are open and running on my background in a semi transparent manner and I can not close them. Shutting down the computer will not even remove them...
  8. Desk top display stuck

Desk top display stuck: I went to settings in the lower left of my pc. Somehow two boxes whith 6 apps ineach box appeared and the desktop wallpaper is dimmed and faded out. The task bar at the bottom has dissapeared and i cannot close those two boxes. I think they are pinned. Ihave shut down and...
  9. restore desk top icons win 10

restore desk top icons win 10: Trying to restore my desktop icons which disappeared after I did a restart following an app download. Tutorials I found always seem to revert to the default icons PC, Network, Recycle Bin etc. which are not the ones at issue. Trying to restore e-mail Shaw Web, BankingServus,...
  10. how do I save a document on the desk top?

how do I save a document on the desk top?: My computers do not seem to recognize this document to be saved. It appears everything is only being excepted to the cloud....