Windows 10: how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

Discus and support how do I reset my computer back to factory settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LouisFiore1218, Nov 27, 2020.

1. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it.

How do I do that???

:)

LouisFiore1218, Nov 27, 2020

2. Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Nov 27, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 27, 2020
  4. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

Reset to factory settings

Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit.

It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted the computer and it started up with the HP symbol and a turning circle.....then HP symbol goes away but the spinning circle remains.

I got on the phone with HPsupport and he tried a few things that didn't work.....computer goes to HP as soon as the box gets here.

Any suggestions....I hate to be without my computer.

.thanks

jeanniespc, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

1. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings - Similar Threads - reset computer factory

2. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  3. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  4. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I reset to factory settings?

How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  6. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  7. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?: Someone please help me. My Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ARE 05 81 Windows 10 thinks that I have had multiple monitors attached to it. I have not and it's gone crazy. In Windows everything is almost normal but the font is very small. On the web everything is huge with tiny font....
  9. How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?

How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?: I have tried Patricia Guernot advice to recover Bitlocker Key Success However the Laptop will nott accept. Options 1 thro 9 How do. I continue to perform a reset to factory from there?...
  10. how do i factory reset this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i factory reset this computer: how do I factory reset my cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-factory-reset-this-computer/05885e7e-d5ca-4ecb-bc08-65059a400232