Windows 10: how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?

Discus and support how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I WANT TO RESET MY DESKTOP AND WANT TO REMOVE EVERYTHING ON THE HARD DRIVE. HOW DO I RESET IT ITS FACTORY SETTINGS?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DAVID AND POLLYQ, Jul 22, 2019.

1. how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?

I WANT TO RESET MY DESKTOP AND WANT TO REMOVE EVERYTHING ON THE HARD DRIVE. HOW DO I RESET IT ITS FACTORY SETTINGS?

:)

DAVID AND POLLYQ, Jul 22, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

Prep for Donating My Computer

If you did real sensitive stuff, like banking and other very important things with your computer, then I suggest you take the hdd out and smash it up ,donate it with out the hdd...100% safest way

caperjack, Jul 22, 2019
  3. How to eliminate an equip that is going to be donated of an account

Hi J.Zandueta

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You should just factory reset, choose to clean the drive and set it up with a dummy account for logging in. See steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

See additional steps about safely donating the computer:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/safely-sell-do...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jul 22, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?

1. how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger? - Similar Threads - reset computer donating

2. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset my computer?: I am trying to reset my computer and save the files but can't because it says 'Some files are missing' etcWhen putting 'reagentc /enabled' into command prompt this is what comes up:C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /enabled Configures the Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE...
  3. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my computer?: I am trying to reset my computer and save the files but can't because it says 'Some files are missing' etcWhen putting 'reagentc /enabled' into command prompt this is what comes up:C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /enabled Configures the Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE...
  4. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reset my computer?

How do I reset my computer?: How do I reset my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer/0f123b90-377b-4a0f-808c-7f95ee9ad473
  6. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my computer?: How do I reset my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer/0f123b90-377b-4a0f-808c-7f95ee9ad473
  7. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  8. How do I factory reset MY computer?

How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  9. How do I factory reset MY computer?

10. How do I reset my not working computer

How do I reset my not working computer: I have a computer it is not working I want to download windows 10 i do have product key i done have any data on this computer i have a usb and another computer how do i do it....