Windows 10: How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?

Discus and support How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. For the life of me, I CANNOT reset my computer!!! When I try to do a Factory Reset, whether I choose to keep all of my files or erase them all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReeseLynn, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ReeseLynn Win User

How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?

Hi.

For the life of me, I CANNOT reset my computer!!!

When I try to do a Factory Reset, whether I choose to keep all of my files or erase them all, about 10 minutes later it shows a message.

"There was a problem while resetting your PC. No changes were made."

How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted? 1-18.jpg

I cannot even reinstall Windows with the package provided on Microsoft.com.

:)

ReeseLynn, Apr 23, 2019

2. Bad Image - PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupt

Hello Andy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

The Error Status 0xc0000020 error may be caused by Windows system files damage.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors.

• An incomplete installation or an incomplete uninstall.
    • Improper deletion of applications or hardware.
    • Computer has recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack.
    • An improper shutdown of the computer.

All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files.

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 23, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 23, 2019
  4. How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?

1. How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted? - Similar Threads - Reset computer System

2. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset my computer?: I am trying to reset my computer and save the files but can't because it says 'Some files are missing' etcWhen putting 'reagentc /enabled' into command prompt this is what comes up:C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /enabled Configures the Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE...
  3. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my computer?: I am trying to reset my computer and save the files but can't because it says 'Some files are missing' etcWhen putting 'reagentc /enabled' into command prompt this is what comes up:C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /enabled Configures the Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE...
  4. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i reset my system password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reset my system password: I did a windows 10 update yesterday. I now cannot get into my computer. I keep getting a blue screen saying my pc did not start correctly. It tries automatic repair, etc and at password it does not recognize my password and goes no further....
  6. how do i reset my system password

how do i reset my system password: I did a windows 10 update yesterday. I now cannot get into my computer. I keep getting a blue screen saying my pc did not start correctly. It tries automatic repair, etc and at password it does not recognize my password and goes no further....
  7. how do i reset my system password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I reset my computer?

How do I reset my computer?: How do I reset my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer/0f123b90-377b-4a0f-808c-7f95ee9ad473
  9. How do I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my computer?: How do I reset my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer/0f123b90-377b-4a0f-808c-7f95ee9ad473
  10. How do I crate an image of my system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I crate an image of my system?: I have looked on the info about it but my windows 10 dos not seem to have a control panel which would allow me to define an image backup? What's the reason? Thanks Serge...