Windows 10: How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

Discus and support How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Someone please help me. My Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ARE 05 81 Windows 10 thinks that I have had multiple monitors attached to it. I have not and it's gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michelledeneebaker, Mar 23, 2021.

1. How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

Someone please help me. My Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ARE 05 81 Windows 10 thinks that I have had multiple monitors attached to it. I have not and it's gone crazy.

In Windows everything is almost normal but the font is very small. On the web everything is huge with tiny font. Also, sometimes it will allow words to run off the page.

I've tried all the data on how to adjust settings but it's confusing and hasn't worked. I have even switched web browsers and it's huge!

I simply want to put it back to it's original settings. Can you please help? Thank you.

:)

michelledeneebaker, Mar 23, 2021

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 23, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 23, 2021
  4. How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings?

1. How do I reset my display scaling back to factory settings? - Similar Threads - reset display scaling

2. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  3. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  4. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wipe-my-pc-and-reset-to-factory-settings/de5d4fd0-1476-4c53-b548-7ecaaf4a28d9
  6. How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?: I have tried Patricia Guernot advice to recover Bitlocker Key Success However the Laptop will nott accept. Options 1 thro 9 How do. I continue to perform a reset to factory from there?...
  7. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reset my computer back to factory settings: I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-back-to-factory/c340b07b-66d5-4272-90f6-7f2bbacc0590
  8. resetting surface to donate to friend. How do I put back to factory settings

resetting surface to donate to friend. How do I put back to factory settings: Hi I am giving an old Surface to a friend and want to reset to factory settings. how do I do that? I think it is a surface 2 128 gb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-surface-to-donate-to-friend-how-do-i-put/9480fde3-ae1f-4342-86ac-e9f76faad0a3
  9. Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redbaron363636 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmizls/wtf_is_this_and_how_do_i_get_back_to_my_factory/
  10. monitor display-how do i reset the display back to original color settings??

monitor display-how do i reset the display back to original color settings??: I need to reset the colors on my monitor to the original settings cannot find any way in desk top,start personalization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-display-how-do-i-reset-the-display-back-to/c7cd51ab-8e1b-4537-a433-cf7df864c680