Windows 10: How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

Discus and support How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello windows! I am currently in a standard user as my pc is weird beacuse it shows my gmail as an alternative on administrator password but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KittyCat Cute, Feb 27, 2023.

1. How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

Hello windows! I am currently in a standard user as my pc is weird beacuse it shows my gmail as an alternative on administrator password but it doesn't work. I can not add or remove accounts. It shows an error message when I try to reset my pc without administrator password saying that my pc needs to be operated or insert something. I have already tried installing rufus and windows 10 again but I need administrator permissions. There is no administrator account on my device. I am worried I have to get a new pc beacuse it costs a lot of money. I have tried multiple solutions but it won't work.

:)

KittyCat Cute, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 27, 2023
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 27, 2023
  4. Maria Fab Win User

How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

1. How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions? - Similar Threads - reset without administrator

2. How do I reset my PC without turning it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PC without turning it on.: I am trying to reset my PC because whenever I try to turn it on it gets stuck on the "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on" screen. I don't know what to do is been like this for days....
  3. How do I reset my PC without turning it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my PC without turning it on.: I am trying to reset my PC because whenever I try to turn it on it gets stuck on the "Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on" screen. I don't know what to do is been like this for days....
  4. How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?: Hello windows! I am currently in a standard user as my pc is weird beacuse it shows my gmail as an alternative on administrator password but it doesn't work. I can not add or remove accounts. It shows an error message when I try to reset my pc without administrator password...
  5. How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?

How do I reset my pc without administrator permissions?: Hello windows! I am currently in a standard user as my pc is weird beacuse it shows my gmail as an alternative on administrator password but it doesn't work. I can not add or remove accounts. It shows an error message when I try to reset my pc without administrator password...
  6. How do i get into my pc without internet and a non administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i get into my pc without internet and a non administrator account: So I struggled with Wz 2.0 not launching and went for a clean boot but now it says something happened and i cant use my pin i have another user account but its not an administrator account and i cant do the msconfig in cmd because it wont accept the pin for my administrative...
  7. How do i get into my pc without internet and a non administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get into my pc without internet and a non administrator account: So I struggled with Wz 2.0 not launching and went for a clean boot but now it says something happened and i cant use my pin i have another user account but its not an administrator account and i cant do the msconfig in cmd because it wont accept the pin for my administrative...
  8. How do i get into my pc without internet and a non administrator account

9. How do I reset my administration password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my administration password.: I have Windows 10. How do I reset my administration password. Try to download games and it requires administration password. I am lost. Any help will be appreciated...
  10. How do I change administrator permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change administrator permissions?: I am unable to delete files. Error message says to contact the administrator. I am the administrator, owner and sole user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator-permissions/3535f0d4-0c0b-4af3-ad87-c1f49ff7b195"