Windows 10: How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

Discus and support How do I reset my screen resolution back to default? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was messing around in my settings because I was curious and ended up changing my screen resolution. The "recommended" settings make everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TortelliniK, Jan 29, 2021.

1. How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

I was messing around in my settings because I was curious and ended up changing my screen resolution. The "recommended" settings make everything seem... crunchy, and the other settings either don't fit my monitor or make everything huge. The one I currently have it set to makes everything squished, but it's the easiest to look at. I've tried looking through every post on here I could, but didn't find anything that worked for me.

I don't know how to change it back to the way it was before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

TortelliniK, Jan 29, 2021

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 29, 2021
  3. twilyth Win User
    HELP! How reset bad screen resolution

I set the resolution to one the monitor didn't like. I intended to wait the 15 seconds for a reset but hit the enter key (don't ask) thus taking the "ok" default.

Resetting the resolution in safe mode has no effect.

Thanks.

twilyth, Jan 29, 2021
  4. How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

1. How do I reset my screen resolution back to default? - Similar Threads - reset screen resolution

2. How do I reset current desktop screen resolution to 100% or Normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset current desktop screen resolution to 100% or Normal?: hiis it possible to reset screen resolution 125% zoom level to 100% Normal Level using code. client requirement wise application always open zoom level 100%. so any way to open and close application time set ya reset zoom level of pc in windows 10 pro & windows 11.Thanks...
  3. How do I reset current desktop screen resolution to 100% or Normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset current desktop screen resolution to 100% or Normal?: hiis it possible to reset screen resolution 125% zoom level to 100% Normal Level using code. client requirement wise application always open zoom level 100%. so any way to open and close application time set ya reset zoom level of pc in windows 10 pro & windows 11.Thanks...
  4. How do I reset current desktop screen resolution to 100% or Normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  6. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  7. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

8. How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?: I don't know how to explain it but when i open old games, it sets the resolution to 800x600 and when i close the game or if i alt+tab while in game it'll make all other programs open in 800x600 if they're maximized. For example, I'm playing Beyond Divinity, it's an old game...
  9. How do I change the screen resolution on my PC

How do I change the screen resolution on my PC: How do I change the screen resolution on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-screen-resolution-on-my-pc/cb9bb1a3-c1e1-45f4-a545-b0655a81d493
  10. how do i turn my colors back to default

how do i turn my colors back to default: how do I get my colors back to default on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-my-colors-back-to-default/1c65b1fb-aaa6-42f6-aef4-f62b5c84658e