Windows 10: How do I reset my settings?

Discus and support How do I reset my settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't reset my settings because I need my password. I do not know my password because I have never known it exists, windows forces this pin bullshit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShitPostMan4323, Aug 3, 2020.

1. How do I reset my settings?

I can't reset my settings because I need my password. I do not know my password because I have never known it exists, windows forces this pin bullshit down my throat so I have to use that. I cannot reset my password because I don't have internet. I am trying to reset my settings because I don't have internet.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

submitted by /u/ShitPostMan4323
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShitPostMan4323, Aug 3, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 3, 2020
  3. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Wingo101 Win User

How do I reset my settings?

How do I overclock my system?

Can somebody please tell me step by step, how I can overclock my CPU to get good results but still a very stable system.

Have a look at my specs.

Wingo101, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How do I reset my settings?

1. How do I reset my settings? - Similar Threads - reset settings

2. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  3. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  4. How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?: So i had some apps downloaded and now i wanna delete some but for some reason it wont show up in the add or remove place for example i had cyberlink and i wanna delete and i deleted from the add or remove and its still there so i wanna reset with only my settings saved?...
  5. How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?

How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?: So i had some apps downloaded and now i wanna delete some but for some reason it wont show up in the add or remove place for example i had cyberlink and i wanna delete and i deleted from the add or remove and its still there so i wanna reset with only my settings saved?...
  6. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  7. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  8. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why my bios settings keep getting reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why my bios settings keep getting reset?: Hello,Im currently facing a problem with my bios. I enabled virtualization in bios settings but when i boot my pc again after shutting it down it automatically gets disabled. The problem is also with other settings like if i change graphics memory it reset to its default...
  10. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...