Windows 10: How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard

Discus and support How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After some performance issues my Windows 10 Sony Vaio finally stopped working, I took it to the shop and they said it was the motherboard and basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrewFinlay1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard

After some performance issues my Windows 10 Sony Vaio finally stopped working, I took it to the shop and they said it was the motherboard and basically were not prepared to do any more.

Out of interest I did look and found a working motherboard for my laptop on Ebay and decided to attempt to change it, more as an interesting project than anything else. Well, I have impressed myself by actually changing out the motherboard and the laptop does now attempt to boot up, but now shows the following error message "Operating System Not Found".

I have no documentationon on previous Windows 10 operating system, vaguely remember buying the upgrade via my company's employee products page.

To get my laptop working again does this mean I have to buy the full package again?

:)

AndrewFinlay1, Nov 20, 2020

2. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 20, 2020
  3. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hi Keith,

to keep license you need to replace motherboard by warranty. Sorry that are the license terms. If this will be warranty replacement please remember technician to do steps necessary for license keeping.

Igor Leyko, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard

1. How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard - Similar Threads - reset replacing motherboard

2. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  3. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  4. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting the OS and replacing the motherboard

Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting the OS and replacing the motherboard: Hello!Today I decided to reset Windows 10 on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. When I opened personalisation settings to change a few things I noticed that I didn't have a license because some components in my laptop were changed. A few months ago my laptop's motherboard died and it...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting the OS and replacing the motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting the OS and replacing the motherboard: Hello!Today I decided to reset Windows 10 on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. When I opened personalisation settings to change a few things I noticed that I didn't have a license because some components in my laptop were changed. A few months ago my laptop's motherboard died and it...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting the OS and replacing the motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I replaced my motherboard.

I replaced my motherboard.: I have a digital license. Window 10 will not activate. My new motherboard is linked to my Microsoft account. The troubleshooter does not resolve my issue. How do I activate Windows 10 on my computer with the new motherboard?...
  9. Windows Activation after Motherboard Replacement - How

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation after Motherboard Replacement - How: Hi all, I had hardware issues with my desktop so replaced the Motherboard. Issues fixed but now cannot reactivate Windows 10 Home. Any ideas?...
  10. I replaced my Motherboard

I replaced my Motherboard: My motherboard failed and replaced it, the question is can I activate my Windows License again on this new motherboard? I don't have money to buy a new one at the moment, if there is any way to install again the same Windows let me know please...