Windows 10: How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original?

Discus and support How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently set up a new laptop and typically sign into the device with Windows Hello facial recognition. The other options are to use my PIN number or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RiffRichards, Nov 25, 2018.

1. How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original?

I recently set up a new laptop and typically sign into the device with Windows Hello facial recognition. The other options are to use my PIN number or password. The PIN works but I evidently screwed up somewhere when I copied/saved my intended password and now I can't log in using it. When I try to reset it, the system asks for my original PW which, again, I do not have, and I was unaware that I needed to set up a PW recovery disc/USB drive so that did not happen. I realize that I can just forgo the PW option in favour of the other two methods but I'd like to have it as well. What is the workaround? Thanks!

:)

RiffRichards, Nov 25, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    Program to reset/delete/rename forgotten windows login password??? HELP

Ok guys i need your help. I have a laptop here that has a password on it but they lady has forgotten it.

Now ive tried a few different programs to reset or remove the password but with no luck, they all say trail version and you need to pay if you want it to full work ARGH.

Does any one know of one that is free and works great?

Its for Windows 7 by the way.

Just looking for a program that i can use on a CD or USB drive to reset/delete/rename etc the password on this lappy so i can give it back to her asap.

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Nov 25, 2018
  4. How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original?

scaminatrix, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original?

1. How do I reset my Windows 10 login password if I've forgotten the original? - Similar Threads - reset login password

2. How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and...: How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and can't sign in. I have tried to reset the Mecer Guru, but it keeps on failing on 34%...
  3. How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and...: How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and can't sign in. I have tried to reset the Mecer Guru, but it keeps on failing on 34%...
  4. How do I reset windows 10 password without logging in. I have forgotten the password and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reset my forgotten system password on old laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my forgotten system password on old laptop?: I have a old windows inspiron laptop I am trying to get on. I have forgotten my system password, for it. I have tried leaving the password box blank and pressing enter, and it just says invalid password.It gives me 3 tries and then it shuts down.At no point does it give me...
  6. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  7. forgotten login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...
  8. How do I reset my Windows 10 login password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I reset my Windows 10 login password?: Under sign-in options I'm trying to add either a a Windows 10 password OR Windows Hello Pin to sign into my PC. The issue I'm having is that I don't remember what my password is to be able to use either of these options. I figured it might be my Microsoft account password but...
  9. I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.

I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.: I have forgotten the password I need when I start my PC. How do I reset it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: reset password...
  10. i've forgotten my user password

i've forgotten my user password: whatever password I enter is wrong - how to find the one the system thinks I should be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-forgotten-my-user-password/ac0c8219-d2ea-4376-86ab-5bcf789de16e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i sign in to windows if ive forgotten my password and security questions