Windows 10: How do I reset my Windows password?

Discus and support How do I reset my Windows password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I used to use a password to log in. I changed it to a PIN. For a long time I have been able to access my computer without using the PIN. That probably... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DonnieMartin1, Oct 9, 2021.

1. How do I reset my Windows password?

I used to use a password to log in. I changed it to a PIN. For a long time I have been able to access my computer without using the PIN. That probably happened when I took the computer to a repairman to install a new hard drive. Today I realized that I no longer remember my PIN. Since I can access my computer without the PIN, I thought about resetting my password while I can still access the computer. What are my options to change my password?

:)

DonnieMartin1, Oct 9, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 9, 2021
  4. How do I reset my Windows password?

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

How do I reset my Windows password?

1. How do I reset my Windows password? - Similar Threads - reset password

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  5. password and pin unable to reset

password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  6. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  7. How to factory reset without password

How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  8. How to factory reset without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...
  10. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...