Windows 10: How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Change for my Microsoft Account My Pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobinS.Hall, Apr 20, 2019.

1. How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?

Change for my Microsoft Account My Pin

:)

RobinS.Hall, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 20, 2019
  4. How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?

PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• How are you trying to change the password?
    • Have you logged in to your account and trying to set the PIN?
    I would suggest you to switch to child account and then try to set a 4 digit PIN from here and check if it works.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?

1. How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - reset change pin

2. How do I reset my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my pin?: Hello. Really frustrated that i cannot access my laptop anymore! I logged onto my laptop using my fingerprint scanner like I always do. I was looking at a powerpoint but then looked at my phone. 5 min's later I looked back at my laptop and noticed the screen had changed to...
  3. How do I reset my pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my pin?: Hello. Really frustrated that i cannot access my laptop anymore! I logged onto my laptop using my fingerprint scanner like I always do. I was looking at a powerpoint but then looked at my phone. 5 min's later I looked back at my laptop and noticed the screen had changed to...
  4. How do change my the Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do change my the Microsoft Account ?: The current Microsoft Account uses an email address that will become obsolete. How do I change the Microsoft Account to use a new email address I have already created....
  5. How do change my the Microsoft Account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do change my the Microsoft Account ?: The current Microsoft Account uses an email address that will become obsolete. How do I change the Microsoft Account to use a new email address I have already created....
  6. How do I reset my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my pin?: When I try to reset my pin, it comes up with “Something went wrong” “We weren’t able to set up your pin”. Even after i press retry many times, nothing changes and I can’t reset my pin and log in to my desktop. There are also no other sign in options except “I forgot my PIN”....
  7. How do I reset my pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my pin?: When I try to reset my pin, it comes up with “Something went wrong” “We weren’t able to set up your pin”. Even after i press retry many times, nothing changes and I can’t reset my pin and log in to my desktop. There are also no other sign in options except “I forgot my PIN”....
  8. how do i change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i change my pin?: how do I change my pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-pin/734f8ddd-7976-40b1-8c36-84faf4cb9aed
  9. how do i change my pin?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change my pin?: how do i change my pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-pin/6c258d0f-edca-415f-807c-f56a48afa769
  10. How do I change my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my PIN?: Hello, I was hacked and seemed yo have resolved the issue. I've changed my password but I'd like to change my PIN as well. Thanks, Sheila https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-pin/7d6e048c-9d85-4a3f-80de-bb6fc94636d6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset pin microsoft account

2. how to reset microsoft pin

3. change pin microsoft account

4. how to change microsoft logon pin,
  5. reset my microsoft pin,
  6. how to reset microsoft account PIN ,
  7. turn off pin sign in windows 10,
  8. change my microsoft account pin ,
  9. what is the microsoft pin,
  10. change pin on microsoft account,
  11. how to reset pin in microsoft,