Windows 10: how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?

Discus and support how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a windows 10 pro laptop. i made a change using msconfig. now it boots to a picture window and no network access. i'm unable to log in as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonySalomons, May 14, 2019.

1. how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?

i have a windows 10 pro laptop.

i made a change using msconfig.

now it boots to a picture window and no network access.

i'm unable to log in as there is no were to enter the passwond.

i'm only able select shutdown.

how do i reset to boot so i can login.

:)

TonySalomons, May 14, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

msconfig doesn't save changes

Dang. Well, if you haven't already done so, search on a search engine (such as Bing) for your issue for more suggestions that you can find. I searched for:

msconfig doesn't save changes

and gave you that link. Hopefully you can try other suggestions that were attempted by others. There's a bunch of results that you will find, so hopefully that variety of results will have something useful.

pepanee, May 14, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 14, 2019
  4. how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?

Msconfig not keeping changes

Hello William,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the application/program that you're having issues with?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Start your PC in safe mode. Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open
    Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start
    button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select
    Settings

2. Select Update & security > Recovery

3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.

4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
    Startup Settings > Restart.

5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
    or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
    5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

6. During safe mode, press Windows key + R, then type
    msconfig and press Enter.

7. In the System Configuration window, go to
    General
    tab.

8. Uncheck the box for Load startup items. Click
    Apply
    and click OK to save changes.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest creating a new administrator account. Refer to the steps in this
    article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 14, 2019
Thema:

how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?

1. how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig? - Similar Threads - reset changes made

2. how do I get to msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get to msconfig: how to I get to msconfig - I don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-to-msconfig/6faaf126-7837-407b-99b0-c8fc20ea9841
  3. how do I get to msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get to msconfig: how to I get to msconfig - I don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-to-msconfig/6faaf126-7837-407b-99b0-c8fc20ea9841
  4. how do I get to msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I undo all changes made to a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo all changes made to a device?: Hello everyoneI have noticed the past few days that my built in bluetooth adapter in my laptop has been giving me some really high latency for my controller, so I got a bluetooth dongle, it worked fine but I updated its driver, then I used that driver on my original built in...
  6. How do I undo all changes made to a device?

How do I undo all changes made to a device?: Hello everyoneI have noticed the past few days that my built in bluetooth adapter in my laptop has been giving me some really high latency for my controller, so I got a bluetooth dongle, it worked fine but I updated its driver, then I used that driver on my original built in...
  7. How do I undo all changes made to a device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. msconfig reset ?

msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  9. How do I apply 'Normal Setting " to Msconfig ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I apply 'Normal Setting " to Msconfig ?: When i apply Normal Setting to Msconfig it revert back to Selective setting ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-apply-normal-setting-to-msconfig/94799546-5405-42a0-9ef2-227f7ce7a6e0
  10. I made a change to my msconfig and now I get a blue repair screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I made a change to my msconfig and now I get a blue repair screen.: I play Lord of the Rings Online and there was a problem with the game crashing with the game's 64 bit client so people were investigating the problem. One solution, some people were saying, was to do the following to the msconfig file: RUN: MSCONFIG: BOOT tab ADVANCED...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig safe mode with networking where is the change made