Windows 10: How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

Discus and support How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know how to explain it but when i open old games, it sets the resolution to 800x600 and when i close the game or if i alt+tab while in game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Utinnni, Feb 4, 2021.

1. How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

I don't know how to explain it but when i open old games, it sets the resolution to 800x600 and when i close the game or if i alt+tab while in game it'll make all other programs open in 800x600 if they're maximized.

For example, I'm playing Beyond Divinity, it's an old game from 2004 and it doesn't have a resolution scale so it runs at 800x600, I also have chrome open, I alt+tab to chrome while in game and when chrome opens it automatically opens but with restore down set to 800x600. So now every program that i open and i click on the restore down window, it'll set to 800x600.

So is there any way to reset this so it stops opening it in the lowest resolution?

submitted by /u/Utinnni
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Utinnni, Feb 4, 2021

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Feb 4, 2021
  3. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Mobin Win User

How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

Default to incorrect resolution

Hey guys

I have an ASUS PB278Q (native 1440p) monitor and a GTX980 G1 Gaming. Latest nVidia drivers installed.

Whenever I cold boot, the monitor defaults to 1080p and I can't change it back to 1440p via the control panel or nVidia settings. It just gives the "Windows could not change your display to this resolution. Try a different resolution." error.

But..... if I restart or unplug/plug the display cable it goes back to 1440p as normal. I have tried cleaning the nVidia drivers and reinstalling, same with the monitor drivers. And nothing!

I don't want to reinstall windows and I hope to god the hardware is not damaged.

What do you'll think GPU or Monitor? Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks

Mobin, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

1. How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'? - Similar Threads - reset default restore

2. How do I restore original defaults?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore original defaults?: how to restore back to original defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-original-defaults/99f83279-3e43-4da3-8594-d350933fd50d
  3. How do I restore original defaults?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore original defaults?: how to restore back to original defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-original-defaults/99f83279-3e43-4da3-8594-d350933fd50d
  4. How do I restore fonts to default size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore fonts to default size.: Fix Control panel/appearance/fonts doesn't work for this Lenovo Yoga W11 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-fonts-to-default-size/aed85edd-35c6-4a57-95d4-cc1c3a4a7e84
  5. How do I restore fonts to default size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore fonts to default size.: Fix Control panel/appearance/fonts doesn't work for this Lenovo Yoga W11 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-fonts-to-default-size/aed85edd-35c6-4a57-95d4-cc1c3a4a7e84
  6. How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my screen resolution back to default?: I was messing around in my settings because I was curious and ended up changing my screen resolution. The "recommended" settings make everything seem... crunchy, and the other settings either don't fit my monitor or make everything huge. The one I currently have it set to...
  7. How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.: I recently got a 4k monitor, and unfortunately this caused my already not powerful laptop to run my games (Valorant in this case) even slower than before. I'm wondering if there's a way to make my laptop run specifically Valorant in a lower resolution, but then keep...
  8. How do I restore the default icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the default icons: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hqirdl9bkpe51.jpg?width=816&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b7e97a636f93243d6f74b27a4f0cd3a69187e8cd I don't remember how to remove these icons or how they were installed, but I'd like the original icons back. Thanks in advance! submitted by...
  9. How do i restore default typing settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i restore default typing settings?: thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-default-typing-settings/4e36c5b8-4c76-4d33-8a46-a5c42cf7012e
  10. Restore/Reset System to defaults

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore/Reset System to defaults: Hi, I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop machine to be back from the service. Now Im not using this machine at all and I want to sell it. And for obvious reasons I...