Windows 10: How Do I Reset the Registry

Discus and support How Do I Reset the Registry in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Long, long ago when I got my computer I discovered that built in apps such as MS store and other things did not work and would close immediately after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonymousJD, Nov 26, 2022.

1. How Do I Reset the Registry

Long, long ago when I got my computer I discovered that built in apps such as MS store and other things did not work and would close immediately after opening. I tried fixing it with different solutions that didn’t work and one of those would break my computer forever. It involved something with exe files in the registry and after I did that it would say “Windows can’t open this type of file .exe Try an app on this PC” whenever I tried to open applications and for some like MS Edge it would say the Application is not found. I tried resetting my computer completely but it didn’t let me and

:)

AnonymousJD, Nov 26, 2022

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Registry change being reset

Step 2 - Yes those Permissions are not as they should be. System is OK as Windows sets that one to Full control for many things. Users should only have Read & execute - that's what protects the folder, what forces the Admin prompt when you change anything in the folder.

Step 4 -
    Trigger - Log on.
    The problem might be that you have not set the General pane, Run with highest privileges. This is required because the Registry key you are dealing with is only changeable by Admins.

How Do I Reset the Registry [​IMG]

- While you are there you can also check that you have not changed the setting for Run only when user is logged on
    - If that does not fix it then zip the xml up then you'll be able to post it.

Denis

4. How Do I Reset the Registry

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

How Do I Reset the Registry

1. How Do I Reset the Registry - Similar Threads - Reset Registry

2. How to reset the registry and everything else for file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset the registry and everything else for file explorer: In Windows 10, I installed a patch from GitHub to remove the Ribbon and Location bar of File Explorer But then I regretted it But after removing the patch, now my file explorer is incomplete, for example, I don't have the menu bar in the file dialog, etc below image Now I...
  3. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  4. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  5. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.

Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.: What is needed to copy old programs to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry? packagecaches or?How do I find and import export the registry and what else is needed?I'm tired of how much a struggle windows is. By default things are stupid/broken, or get updated to...
  7. Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy old to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry.: What is needed to copy old programs to new or reset install? Programdata Appdata Registry? packagecaches or?How do I find and import export the registry and what else is needed?I'm tired of how much a struggle windows is. By default things are stupid/broken, or get updated to...
  8. How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?: I have a pair of wireless Bluetooth speakers that require me to disable absolute volume to be able to control their volume levels from my Win11 desktop, by editing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT DisableAbsoluteVolume field set to...
  9. How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?

How to keep Windows updates from resetting modified Bluetooth Absolute Volume registry values?: I have a pair of wireless Bluetooth speakers that require me to disable absolute volume to be able to control their volume levels from my Win11 desktop, by editing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT DisableAbsoluteVolume field set to...
  10. Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings

Resetting Windows 10 Registry and Settings: Is there any way to reset the windows 10 registry and settings without damaging it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-registry-and-settings/d7543bb6-033e-4d01-9ad7-919456a28d25