Windows 10: How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently ran an audio troubleshooter. I changed the audio output port from speakers to headphones which doesn't work at all. Now, I can't change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wolf1728, Jan 10, 2020.

1. wolf1728 Win User

How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10?

I recently ran an audio troubleshooter.
    I changed the audio output port from speakers to headphones which doesn't work at all.
    Now, I can't change it back.

:)

wolf1728, Jan 10, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10? :p

cadaveca, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 10, 2020
  4. How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reset sound settings

2. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I fix the sound in windows 10: how do I fix the sound in windows 10 it keeps showing digital sound and it kick the other option off which was head phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-sound-in-windows-10/4510bc19-d703-4fe8-9eda-ac5327fc21f5
  3. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix the sound in windows 10: how do I fix the sound in windows 10 it keeps showing digital sound and it kick the other option off which was head phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-sound-in-windows-10/4510bc19-d703-4fe8-9eda-ac5327fc21f5
  4. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  6. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  7. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I reset my settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reset my settings?: I can't reset my settings because I need my password. I do not know my password because I have never known it exists, windows forces this pin bullshit down my throat so I have to use that. I cannot reset my password because I don't have internet. I am trying to reset my...
  9. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  10. Windows 10 sound settings reset permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound settings reset permanently: Hello i hade a new account for my machine then gave it admin rights yet when i like turn chrome down to 30% volume via settings it will jump back to 100% when i re open chrome or reboot Is there any way to fix that? systemsounds for example just jumps back to 100% instantly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset sound settings windows 10

2. how to reset sound settings windows 10

3. reset sound settings on pc

4. on windows how to reset sound settings