Windows 10: How do I reset the System Restore account password?

Discus and support How do I reset the System Restore account password? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnnyTarr, Sep 22, 2022.

1. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system restore. However, the system restore, and all other choices, ask to select an account before continuing. I select my account, the only one, and then it asks for a password. I've tried everything I can think of: old passwords, the current password, the PIN, I reset my Microsoft password and tried that... nothing is accepted.How can I remove or reset that password request?

:)

JohnnyTarr, Sep 22, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Sep 22, 2022
  4. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

account password reset

Try This

• Sign in to your Microsoft account using
      your current password. If you forgot your password, either select Forgot my password and follow the steps. Or, for deeper account sign-in issues, see How
      to reset your Microsoft account password
    • Once you've signed in, select Security.
    • Select Password security.
    • Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify.
    • Select Save.
    If you going to use a password make a new Account without a password so if you need to get back in your computer if you can.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

How do I reset the System Restore account password?

1. How do I reset the System Restore account password? - Similar Threads - reset System Restore

2. how do i reset my system password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reset my system password: I did a windows 10 update yesterday. I now cannot get into my computer. I keep getting a blue screen saying my pc did not start correctly. It tries automatic repair, etc and at password it does not recognize my password and goes no further....
  3. how do i reset my system password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i reset my system password: I did a windows 10 update yesterday. I now cannot get into my computer. I keep getting a blue screen saying my pc did not start correctly. It tries automatic repair, etc and at password it does not recognize my password and goes no further....
  4. how do i reset my system password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password: How do I reset my sbcglobal.net password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-sbdcglobalnet-account-password/7b92cb2d-cdea-470e-a41d-af6d5ca79671
  6. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password: How do I reset my sbcglobal.net password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-sbdcglobalnet-account-password/7b92cb2d-cdea-470e-a41d-af6d5ca79671
  7. how do I reset my sbdcglobal.net account password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

How do I reset the System Restore account password?: I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system restore. However, the system restore, and all other choices, ask to select an account before continuing. I select my account, the...
  9. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset the System Restore account password?: I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system restore. However, the system restore, and all other choices, ask to select an account before continuing. I select my account, the...
  10. how do i recover admin password for system restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i recover admin password for system restore: so I'm trying to do a complete system restore and it needs my admin password. I have exhausted all passwords I think it can be and I am able to login to my Microsoft account. I'm confused and need help...