Windows 10: how do i reset the volume slider

Discus and support how do i reset the volume slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I reset the "slider" speaker control on the task bar - it just stopped, can't see it either, but the volume button is there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cathyfournier, Sep 13, 2018.

1. how do i reset the volume slider

How do I reset the "slider" speaker control on the task bar - it just stopped, can't see it either, but the volume button is there.

:)

cathyfournier, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 13, 2018
  3. No Audio Slider & Notification Center

Just did a clean install of 10162, but now when I click on the volume control or notification icons nothing happens. The volume works, but I must right click the volume icon and open the volume mixer to control the volume. There is no audio slider. The notification center doesn't do anything, whether I right or left click it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

waltersfield, Sep 13, 2018
  4. pbassett Win User

how do i reset the volume slider

Volume Slider background color

A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be blue, which I greatly prefer.
    Is there a way to change the settings?

pbassett, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

how do i reset the volume slider

1. how do i reset the volume slider - Similar Threads - reset volume slider

2. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?: It use to work as intended but lately I've noticed that moving the slider to 0 mutes the volume, while moving anywhere between 1-100 maximizes the volume. To be clear: there is no gradual volume increase / decrease from 1 to 100, is always max; only moving to 0 mutes the...
  3. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?: It use to work as intended but lately I've noticed that moving the slider to 0 mutes the volume, while moving anywhere between 1-100 maximizes the volume. To be clear: there is no gradual volume increase / decrease from 1 to 100, is always max; only moving to 0 mutes the...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Volume slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  8. Volume slider lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume slider lag: I have a keyboard (G910) that has a volume slider on it, but all of the sudden my volume slider lags if I lower and raise it kind of fast. It never used to do this though. I know it's not something I'll ever really do but I'm afraid that this lag might cause lag in other...
  9. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...