Windows 10: How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu

Discus and support How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My pc keeps freezing every time I log on. I remember there is a way to reset to factory settings from the cntl alt del menu (as I'm not able to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeHindley, Aug 16, 2019.

1. How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu

My pc keeps freezing every time I log on. I remember there is a way to reset to factory settings from the cntl alt del menu (as I'm not able to open any programs or task manager). What do I need to press to get up the reset menu from ctrl alt del menu?

:)

JoeHindley, Aug 16, 2019
  2. erik9631 Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 16, 2019
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu

1. How do I reset to factory settings from ctrl+alt+del menu - Similar Threads - reset factory settings

2. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.: I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using Windows 10 Home so I cannot do 'gpedit.msc' in Run. I tried Registry Edit and going into the policies, explorer tab but I do not...
  3. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.: I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using Windows 10 Home so I cannot do 'gpedit.msc' in Run. I tried Registry Edit and going into the policies, explorer tab but I do not...
  4. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  6. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  7. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  8. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top: This is a terribly annoying problem. Whenever I play a game such as Garry's mod which is running on the old source engine and tends to freeze while joining servers, force quitting it with CTRL + ALT + DEL is completely impossible. The issue is that whenever I press CTRL +...