Windows 10: How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

Discus and support How do I reset Touchpad to work properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The touch pad on my Toshiba computer is not working. I only have one good USB port and use that for the mouse, but want to save pics on jump drive, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NurseAngy, Jul 25, 2018.

1. NurseAngy Win User

How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

The touch pad on my Toshiba computer is not working. I only have one good USB port and use that for the mouse, but want to save pics on jump drive, but touch pad not working so I can operate without the mouse. Please tell me how to reset or reactivate my touch pad. I do not know how it got deactivated, it just wasn't working one day??

:)

NurseAngy, Jul 25, 2018

2. My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Touchpad not working properly

Hi Omer,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the touchpad drivers by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 25, 2018
  4. How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

Touchpad Not Working Properly

Hi Danish,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the touchpad drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

1. How do I reset Touchpad to work properly - Similar Threads - reset Touchpad properly

2. Asus touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus touchpad not working properly: After a few hours of use, my touchpad goes wild. Not register movement, registering it but going in different directions, sometimes it registers properly but after a few seconds again does not work, it also random click but all the other gestures work properly. The problem is...
  3. Asus touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus touchpad not working properly: After a few hours of use, my touchpad goes wild. Not register movement, registering it but going in different directions, sometimes it registers properly but after a few seconds again does not work, it also random click but all the other gestures work properly. The problem is...
  4. touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  5. touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  6. Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad is not working--This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not...: When I go to device manager and find the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, it gives me the error "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I have tried to update it, disable and then reenable it, uninstall it, turn off...
  7. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  8. touchpad is not working properly after upgradation

touchpad is not working properly after upgradation: hi, my touchpad of Lenovo ideapad330 is not working after updation. its 2 fingurs scroll up down ,3 fingures functions are not working. getting difficulties in using it. eagerly waiting for a perfect solution....
  9. Touchpad not working properly

Touchpad not working properly: OK so now if my touchpad is switched on the mouse cursor sometimes makes continuous erratic movements around the screen. Turning it off solves this problem. Is this a sign it's wearing out, or is there something I can do to stop this? 42868
  10. Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: Hello. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't move or control the pointer. I say it isn't working properly because, occasionally, one single tap is read as multiple taps,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad problems after windows 10 upgrade

2. reinstall touchpad

3. touchpad changes

4. how do alarm touch pad work,
  5. touchpad gestures in windows 10 microsoft.com,
  6. reset touchpad on lenovo,
  7. fix touchpad windows 10,
  8. device driver touchpad,
  9. touchpad not working windows 10 fix,
  10. hp touchpad gestures windows 10 not working,
  11. fix touchpad,