Windows 10: How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti

Discus and support How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, may I know how I can resize the size of Windows Settings (start menu> settings) to the default size? I know that folder sizes can be resized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nnyymm, Jan 24, 2018.

1. nnyymm Win User

How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti

Hi guys,
    may I know how I can resize the size of Windows Settings (start menu> settings) to the default size?
    I know that folder sizes can be resized back to default using a bat file done by Brink, Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

However, that doesn't work for the Windows Settings (applies for all the options inside Windows Settings: Update & Security, Time & Language, Gaming, Ease of Access etc.)

Any help will be appreciated thanks!

How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti [​IMG]

:)

nnyymm, Jan 24, 2018

2. how do I deactivate autocomplete in windows mobilw 6.5?

Hello. Try Start>Settiings>Personal>input>word completion. Uncheck "suggest words" and "enable autocorrect".

Resourceful, Jan 24, 2018
  3. how do i reset colors to default settings

Settings -> Personalization -> Colors (or possibly Themes)

Keith A. Miller, Jan 24, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Just drag sides to desired size of window, next time you open it, it should stay that size and shape.

CountMike, Jan 24, 2018
  5. nnyymm Win User
    Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I can, but I would hope to have the "default" size straight after when you do a fresh install on Windows.

I hope I can get the default size without reinstalling the entire OS again, as crazy as it sounds. *chuckle (OCD acting up)

nnyymm, Jan 24, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Well, default size and shape depends on resolution, it's not one for all, so when you do clean install, it is default size in that case.

CountMike, Jan 24, 2018
  7. nnyymm Win User
    You are right.

The script by Brink Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 actually sets the folder size back to "default". So I assume there should be a registry that can be reset similar to the folder size, for the Windows Setting folder size.

nnyymm, Jan 24, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Never bothered to go that far. That script would only reset view/content settings, not sizes.

CountMike, Jan 24, 2018
  9. nnyymm Win User
    That is odd, because it does reset the sizes. I just tried it and it works for folder sizes. Why do you say that it didn't reset the sizes?

nnyymm, Jan 25, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    Maybe I never noticed it but Settings window is not a folder, it's an APP.

CountMike, Jan 25, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    Install some new App from the Store, open it for the first time, that should be default size, lay the Settings App on top, stretch it to match.
    That should be good enough.

Edwin, Jan 25, 2018
  12. nnyymm Win User
    Cool, that is actually the same size as the Microsoft App Store. Thanks *Thumbs

nnyymm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reset Windows Settings to default size?(Start Menu>Setti - Similar Threads - reset Settings default

2. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  3. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  4. What is the default size for the Windows 10 start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the default size for the Windows 10 start menu?: Seems like no one has asked this yet, but what is the default height and width for the Windows 10 start menu? How do you change to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-size-for-the-windows-10-start/8035af07-f82f-4e55-ae15-6d379b24a538
  5. default settiings

default settiings: Hi all i am trying to download pes embroidery files but they are downloading as pdf files and i dont know how to change it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settiings/cb679c47-9141-414d-b627-f29aafd25626
  6. Reset window size to default

Reset window size to default: Hi, I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to default like when you use W10 for the first time. Is there an area where this configuration of window position and size is...
  7. Reset Start menu to default

Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  8. How can i reset the Start Menu to its default in Windows 10?

How can i reset the Start Menu to its default in Windows 10?: From the last Windows update i dont have any tiles on my Start Menu. So how can i reset the start menu. Windows build: Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.557)...
  9. Reboot resets start menu to default

Reboot resets start menu to default: After the latest update my Start Menu always resets to default after every start/restart. I've done everything to fix the issue I've found in other forums (removing registry key & checking video drivers) when this issue has popped up before except create a new admin profile....
  10. How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?: Hello, I somehow managed to add shortcut to my Start menu leading nowhere and it messed up the whole thing. It closes itself nearly instantly and any interaction causes explorer.exe to crash. So is there a folder with *.lnk files, or xml with the Start menu...