Windows 10: How do I resize displays?

Discus and support How do I resize displays? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/speedy_absurdity, May 12, 2020.

1. How do I resize displays?

How do I resize displays? XOUPGci654NzInDfnl0UwMy-Kq7Ka0KyKblB19a72IY.jpg

I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain places (I've marked these red in the screenshot) as windows thinks there is no physical display there. I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

https://preview.redd.it/29pefgvmudy...bp&s=1283a3369f9408c922914232c39e6fd68d7a7bb8

submitted by /u/speedy_absurdity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/speedy_absurdity, May 12, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 12, 2020
  3. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, May 12, 2020
  4. How do I resize displays?

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I resize displays?

1. How do I resize displays? - Similar Threads - resize displays

2. Why does my mouse pointer change to the vertical resize cursor on my 2 non main displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse pointer change to the vertical resize cursor on my 2 non main displays?: I am using Windows 11.My mouse cursor is set to Normal Select Windows Inverted, and this works perfectly on my main screen. And until yesterday it also worked perfectly on my 2 other displays. But today without any changes being made to the system AFAIK when I move the cursor...
  3. Why does my mouse pointer change to the vertical resize cursor on my 2 non main displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse pointer change to the vertical resize cursor on my 2 non main displays?: I am using Windows 11.My mouse cursor is set to Normal Select Windows Inverted, and this works perfectly on my main screen. And until yesterday it also worked perfectly on my 2 other displays. But today without any changes being made to the system AFAIK when I move the cursor...
  4. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling: Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot the taskbar is around three times as thick and I have to drag it it back to the smallest size. I have locked the taskbar and...
  5. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling: Hi,I'm running windows 10 64bit Pro. I have my taskbar on the right had side of one of my monitors. I have 5 monitors connected to my PC.When I reboot the taskbar is around three times as thick and I have to drag it it back to the smallest size. I have locked the taskbar and...
  6. My taskbar on right side resizes itself after restart due to display scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.: I have a PC with a 27 inch full HD LG monitor connected to the Display port. At the same time, a 4k HDMI TV is connected to the second screen. Even when the TV is off and not in use, when the monitor is turned off / on, all open windows change their size to a smaller one and...
  8. Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.

Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.: I have a PC with a 27 inch full HD LG monitor connected to the Display port. At the same time, a 4k HDMI TV is connected to the second screen. Even when the TV is off and not in use, when the monitor is turned off / on, all open windows change their size to a smaller one and...
  9. Windows move and resize when the display is powered off/on. While connecting a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.: Dear Fellow Frustrated Windows 10 Users:I figured out a way to get Windows 10 to fit my HDTV monitor. The solution is not in the Windows 10 Display. They irresponsibly left the resizing and repositioning controls out of the display settings. You will have to adjust the Aspect...