Windows 10: How do I resize the on-screen keyboard in Wondows 10?

Discus and support How do I resize the on-screen keyboard in Wondows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to reduce size of the on-screen keyboard since it covers nearly half the screen when it pops up and often sits right on top of the field I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thosecht, Sep 7, 2018.

1. thosecht Win User

How do I resize the on-screen keyboard in Wondows 10?

I'd like to reduce size of the on-screen keyboard since it covers nearly half the screen when it pops up and often sits right on top of the field I'm trying to type into. I've looked around on the web and there seems to be a persistent idea that you can click and drag the corner to resize it (for instance here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/resizing-the-on-screen-keyboard-also-is-there-an/d0b9f07a-36e9-437a-b21e-79a6dc5e4502). That would be nice, but I can't do it -- the corners don't "select".

:)

thosecht, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

Change size of virtual keyboard keys (Ease of Access)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To increase the size of the On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• Open on-screen keyboard.
    • Place the mouse cursor to the edges of the keyboard window.
    • It will change the cursor symbol to double arrow.
    • Click and drag the mouse to resize the keyboard window.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Abdul_Malik Win User
    Resizing the on-screen keyboard? Also, is there an in-depth user manual of sorts for Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Initially, I suggest you to press and hold on a corner of the On-Screen Keyboard and drag to resize it.

As far as the grayed out options is concerned, let us try updating Windows and check for the issue.

• Open Settings
      app.

• Click Update & security.

• Under Windows updates, click
      Check for Updates

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 7, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I resize the on-screen keyboard in Wondows 10? - Similar Threads - resize screen keyboard

2. Resizing the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing the screen: All of a sudden, I turn on my computer and the screens are huge. How do I resize them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-the-screen/ae5f05ab-6e79-499b-b609-1edc77be6224
  3. How do i resize my apps on the wallpaper screen?

How do i resize my apps on the wallpaper screen?: Hello community needing some assistance on something so simple, some how I size my apps on the wallpaper screen. You know the ones that you can just click on in a flash because they are right there. I just want them to be smaller because they are large. Here is an example,...
  4. How do I do a screen shot?

How do I do a screen shot?: How do I do a screen shot on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-do-a-screen-shot/660eb1f5-2831-431f-9e23-16bbd3f770cd
  5. How do i resize photos in windows 10?

How do i resize photos in windows 10?: How do i resize photos in windows 10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-resize-photos-in-windows-10/281b69eb-bc89-4782-bf11-5293d00f98b0
  6. How Do I resize a Pic from Amazon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I resize a Pic from Amazon ?: I have a doctor's appointment next week and I have been taking some over the counter supplements. I was going to list the supplements ( Coenzyme Q10, Turmeric, Vitamins, DHEA,) and what they provide as a percentage of the daily requirement. But because I have about 6 or 8...
  7. How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing: In the IE browser, it was simple: Internet options - Advanced - Multimedia - Disable automatic image resizing. In Edge, however, I can't find anything in Settings that will do this. 46946
  8. How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent automatic window resizing?: In Windows 7, I knew how to turn off the annoying (to me) feature that windows were automatically maximized when moved to the edge of the screen. This option no longer seems to be present in the 'ease of access' settings. Any idea if it can still be disabled? 23206
  9. Resizing Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Screen: I have tried to get my screen to resize by changing the Tablet setting to desktop and asking to be notified if that is changed automatically. I still cant get my screen to resize by clicking the overlapping squares next to the X at the top right of the screen. I am totally...
  10. How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?: I am able to resize Windows Explorer perfectly fine when it's run by its own, but when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up Windows Explorer to save an image or something else, I can't resize it. Can someone please help me with this? It's covering up my...