Windows 10: How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11

Discus and support How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just as I was getting used to the large app tiles in Windows 10 didn't really know about them until I bought a new laptop as I had always worked from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rosm2004, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Rosm2004 Win User

How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11

Just as I was getting used to the large app tiles in Windows 10 didn't really know about them until I bought a new laptop as I had always worked from the desktop, they got rid of them in Windows 11 and replaced them with a white square containing tiny icons. I think the white background is ugly but what I don't get is although the icons are so small there's not enough room to show all my pinned apps without scrolling. I've searched but have not found a way to enlarge the square or make it full screen. Is there a way to change the size and/or appearance?

:)

Rosm2004, Feb 28, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10  

Okay, sorry bout that.
    I was under the impression it was a two step process to go from the default menu to the resizable menu then an extra step to go to the Start Screen. *Redface

Edwin, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User

Sorry, it's still a two step process on my system.
    Switching between the new Default (Continuum) Menu and the previous (Resizable) Menu is one thing;
    then, when you're on the 'Resizable Menu' UI you still need to Toggle to get the Start Screen, (W8.1 style).

Edwin, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

artk1,

It looks like you are right clicking on the Start button instead of left clicking on it. What happens when you press the Windows key on your keyboard?

Your registry settings are not correct for step 3 either.

As a test, use step 3 in OPTION ONE below to add a desktop context menu that will let you toggle between using the Start screen or the older resizable Start menu. When you are using the Start menu, the "Customize" button should be ungrayed out.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html

Brink, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - resize Start menu

2. how do I resize taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I resize taskbar in windows 11: I Can't resize or change location of the taskbar in windows 11 like I could in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-taskbar-in-windows-11/27e60044-faa2-48c6-8d4a-eaf6e4e0a540
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  5. How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resize the Start menu in Windows 11: Just as I was getting used to the large app tiles in Windows 10 didn't really know about them until I bought a new laptop as I had always worked from the desktop, they got rid of them in Windows 11 and replaced them with a white square containing tiny icons. I think the white...
  6. How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post for beginners, we will show you how to resize the Height or Width of the Taskbar and also how to resize or […] This article How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't resize the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize the Start menu: It won't drag from the right. It does show the double arrow, but it doesn't do anything. I want to make the Start menu fit the two stack of apps I have on it but it's twice the width it should be...
  8. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  9. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...