Windows 10: How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size

Discus and support How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 ver.1803.xxx the Icons on the Taskbar get very large when opening the corresponding app. As you can see on the screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theo54au, Sep 5, 2018.

1. theo54au Win User

How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size

After upgrading to Windows 10 ver.1803.xxx the Icons on the Taskbar get very large when opening the corresponding app. As you can see on the screenshot the 2 apps that are open, Total Commander & Chrome, appear as very wide Icons on the Taskbar. With multiple apps open it clogs up the Taskbar and I would like to revert back to the normal narrow size. How do I do that?
    Thanks How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size :)

:)

theo54au, Sep 5, 2018
  2. JyotirmayKumar Win User

Resize Taskbar Icons

Please tell me a way to resize only the taskbar icons in Windows 10 Pro build number-16299.125.

Thanks!!

[Original title/subject: Rezsize Taskbar Icons]

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

JyotirmayKumar, Sep 5, 2018
  3. mrpeters Win User
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size - Similar Threads - resize taskbar Icon

2. How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?: I pinned Mail on my taskbar. Later to have a keyboard shortcut, I created a shortcut of mail and sent it to desktop and then eventually to start menu's directory. Afterwards - it would seem - the mail icon of my taskbar became invisible. I cannot unpin it because it isn't...
  3. how to resize taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to resize taskbar: so a couple months back i updated windows 10, when the update was done my taskbar was bigger, now some applications are sized weirdly, some applications i cant resize even when they are windowed, so due to this update i cant even use some applications. when i updated i...
  4. Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?: Hi - I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different. I tried making the icon size larger, but to no effect. [img] I want them all to be the same size. Suggestions welcome! TIA *cry 113805
  5. Taskbar Icon Size

Taskbar Icon Size: Hello everyone. I have small problem again. Is anyone know how to change the taskbar icon size? Because Windows 10 Taskbar icons looks so small too me. Here is different from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Thanks. Attachment 27697 11667
  6. Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?

Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?: Screenshot should say it all. 3x27" monitor span, used to nice useful Aero Peek windows in Win 7 and 8.1, I can't see how this little thumbnail at 59x59px is of use to anyone. The icons on the taskbar also now seem to be the middle cousin between Windows XP "Quick Launch"...
  7. How do I return an external backup hdd to its original new state?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I return an external backup hdd to its original new state?: I have a backup hdd that is currently has 4 partitions as shown below What partition software can return it to a 1.8 TB to its original state as purchased showing no partitions but instead 1.8 of unallocated space? 105620
  8. How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?: Hello How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" back in Windows 10 (x64)? (Like previous versions of Windows used to have about 7 years ago!) I tried installing this but although it ran, nothing has appeared in the task bar. Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7...
  9. Size of taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of taskbar icons: How can I enlarge my taskbar icons I can only see 30% of the icon. 57839
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...