Windows 10: How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

Discus and support How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am able to resize Windows Explorer perfectly fine when it's run by its own, but when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AstroHamsta, Jan 23, 2017.

1. How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

I am able to resize Windows Explorer perfectly fine when it's run by its own, but when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up Windows Explorer to save an image or something else, I can't resize it. Can someone please help me with this? It's covering up my screen now.

:)

AstroHamsta, Jan 23, 2017

2. BATCH resize photos

How to I resize a BATCH of photos so i don't have to do them individually? THank you

I'm using Windows 10

Currently I go to File Explore, Home tab - which opens Picture Tools

Then I select Edit

Then resize

BUt it takes forever to do it individually..

THank you

Arzu Unel Cleary, Jan 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - How do i resize the icons on the favorite bar in internet explorer 11 to make them smaller?

Right Click anywhere on the favorites bar on any of the favorites and choose customize tile widths and click on tiles only. My issue is they are really really small, tiny in fact and I cannot figure out how to increase the size to make them readable.

JohnKarmire, Jan 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

Welcome to the forum. why cant you resize it you dont know how to or it wont resize when you try?

Samuria, Jan 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    If you have inadvertently double-clicked on the Title bar of the Explorer 'Save as..' window it would have expanded to almost fill the screen - you can still see the edges and get the 'resize' arrows if you hover over them, but you can't click and drag to resize them. Just double-click on the Title bar again to revert to a normal-sized window that you can resize.

6. spunk Win User
    You can not resize a windows once you start the Snipping Tool, the whole screen greys out and you are supposed to draw a box around what you want to take a screenshot of.
    Chrome should have no effect on Windows Explorer and resizing it's window.

spunk, Jan 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No, but from both if you want to save a snip or a file you can open a 'Save as...' window, which as I understand it is the Explorer window that's currently filling @AstroHamsta's screen.

Try saving a 'snip' then double-click the title bar where it says 'Save as..' to see what (I think) it looks like for the OP. Even closing the Snipping Tool won't clear this, it will look the same when you next open it and try to 'save'. Each app seems to individually remember the size and state you last used for its ''Save as...' window. Only another double-click can get it back to normal.

8. AndreyT Win User

What exactly are you referring to by "...when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up Windows Explorer..."? What window do these program open? Are you talking about "Save As..." window or something else?

AndreyT, Jan 23, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Many Windows-based programs control file management when opening or using Save As files from within their program such as WordPerfect, Word, QuattroPro, Excel, etc. Haven't found a good way to get around that. That's why your first statement is mostly correct.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window? - Similar Threads - resize Explorer Window

2. how do I resize taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I resize taskbar in windows 11: I Can't resize or change location of the taskbar in windows 11 like I could in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-taskbar-in-windows-11/27e60044-faa2-48c6-8d4a-eaf6e4e0a540
  3. how do I resize taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I resize taskbar in windows 11: I Can't resize or change location of the taskbar in windows 11 like I could in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-taskbar-in-windows-11/27e60044-faa2-48c6-8d4a-eaf6e4e0a540
  4. How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?: I resize my search bar to line up with how I have the details panel.However, no matter how many times I set the width of it, it always begins to overtake the address bar. I close all explorer windows, open 1, set the width, then close it. When I open a new window the search...
  5. How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?: I know I've been here a lot lately. I have used Windows since 1997, but I have a new HP desktop machine, and I am having issues I've never encountered before. If I power off the monitor and later power it on, I find my app windows have resized smaller and reposition to...
  6. How do I resize displays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I resize displays?: [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain...
  7. Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.: Hi, I'm having a really hard time with my Windows Explorer Window. It's stuck in maximum mode but I can minimize. The problem is I can't use the arrows to change the size of the window. Any help would be appreciated. I'm working with Windows 10. 154137
  8. How do i resize photos in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i resize photos in windows 10?: How do i resize photos in windows 10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-resize-photos-in-windows-10/281b69eb-bc89-4782-bf11-5293d00f98b0
  9. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903
  10. How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent automatic window resizing?: In Windows 7, I knew how to turn off the annoying (to me) feature that windows were automatically maximized when moved to the edge of the screen. This option no longer seems to be present in the 'ease of access' settings. Any idea if it can still be disabled? 23206