Windows 10: How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

Discus and support How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Fellow Frustrated Windows 10 Users:I figured out a way to get Windows 10 to fit my HDTV monitor. The solution is not in the Windows 10 Display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frustrated Windows 10, May 16, 2021.

1. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

Dear Fellow Frustrated Windows 10 Users:I figured out a way to get Windows 10 to fit my HDTV monitor. The solution is not in the Windows 10 Display. They irresponsibly left the resizing and repositioning controls out of the display settings. You will have to adjust the Aspect Ratio and/or Scan Settings within in your HDTV settings. Everyone's HDTV is different but generally speaking this is what you can do:1 Click "Settings" on your HDTV remote or whatever gets you into the menu options2 Click "Picture" or "Screen" or whatever is closest in description3 Click Aspect Ratio S

:)

Frustrated Windows 10, May 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 changes primary display to HDTV

I updated this a week ago saying the solution did not work . Also added that HDTV is not always on so the PC monitor could be display 1 or 2 . I also updated my original post saying this .

Alistair and Angela Rattray, May 16, 2021
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, May 16, 2021
  4. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

Desktop fit in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the Desktop image and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Desktop and select the
      Personalize
    • Select the Background from the left pane.
    • Under Choose a fit click on the drop down. There you will get a list of options to resize the Desktop image.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 16, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

1. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How. - Similar Threads - Resize Display Settings

2. How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?: My external monitor is not lining up correctly with my laptop screens. I have adjusted the external monitor location in the display settings, but it won't align correctly because my external monitor is much larger than my laptop screen. Display settings shows both screens as...
  3. How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?: My external monitor is not lining up correctly with my laptop screens. I have adjusted the external monitor location in the display settings, but it won't align correctly because my external monitor is much larger than my laptop screen. Display settings shows both screens as...
  4. how do i modify my display settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i modify my display settings?: I am not able to modify my display setting for comfortable viewing. any suggestions. there is no advanced display settings tab. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-modify-my-display-settings/fa6b9510-528f-4650-9d0d-f95c1ebc8c12
  5. how do i modify my display settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i modify my display settings?: I am not able to modify my display setting for comfortable viewing. any suggestions. there is no advanced display settings tab. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-modify-my-display-settings/fa6b9510-528f-4650-9d0d-f95c1ebc8c12
  6. How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...: I actually had this question the other day and could not find the answer in the Microsoft Community questions and answers section. I figured it out though on my own after a bit of digging, so I am going to ask this question and then answer it for all those others who may run...
  7. How do I resize displays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I resize displays?: [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain...
  8. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...
  9. how do i change the settings for my monitors?

how do i change the settings for my monitors?: how do i change the settings for my monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-settings-for-my-monitors/4698c7ba-e5ee-44f8-a873-7b25acdc59e3
  10. How do i resize photos in windows 10?

How do i resize photos in windows 10?: How do i resize photos in windows 10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-resize-photos-in-windows-10/281b69eb-bc89-4782-bf11-5293d00f98b0