Windows 10: How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

Discus and support How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Original accountsBusiness account - MSFT products managed through GoDaddy - no issues GoDaddy email accountPersonal account - using free version of one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Default__711, Feb 5, 2023.

1. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

Original accountsBusiness account - MSFT products managed through GoDaddy - no issues GoDaddy email accountPersonal account - using free version of one drive apple email accountDevicesPhoneSurfaceDell MicroI then decided to upgrade my personal account but made a bone head mistake somewhere using my business email when I purchased the 365-family product,1 business noted above2 personal accounts-Me.com Original account using basic OneDrive.-2nd account created by my mistake using the wrong email address when purchasing the 365 family.I come from the no cloud days and slowly getting the cloud

:)

Default__711, Feb 5, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2023
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 5, 2023
  4. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

1. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up? - Similar Threads - resolve MSFT account

2. How do I resolve that ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve that ?: I want to set up my face id and it is not working but the notification I'm seing is that, this option is currently not available and also we couldn't find a camera compactibilty with Windows Hello Face....
  3. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  4. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  5. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?: Original accountsBusiness account - MSFT products managed through GoDaddy - no issues GoDaddy email accountPersonal account - using free version of one drive apple email accountDevicesPhoneSurfaceDell MicroI then decided to upgrade my personal account but made a bone head...
  6. How do I resolve this

How do I resolve this: Windows standard security hardware not supported on my desktop please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-this/148aa149-a332-4aa5-9311-853ffdf35e12
  7. Account and email addresses mixed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account and email addresses mixed up: Where can I start in explaining this problem?I have a old PC which works perfectly well with an unsupported version of Windows, but it's adequate as I only use it for personal file storage, general occasional browsing and emails using Outlook account address ending in -...
  8. My att.net email account settings need to be updated. How do I resolve that?

My att.net email account settings need to be updated. How do I resolve that?: My att.net email account settings need to be updated. How do I resolve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-attnet-email-account-settings-need-to-be/3c524f40-6c0b-46bf-b8b1-5a89fd3237dc
  9. How do I resolve this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I resolve this?: [ATTACH] I did a full device scan after a long time on my device and I have been getting this since then. [ATTACH] It tells me to take action for such threats. but I have like hundreds of them. [ATTACH] Do I have to select every single one of them to take action?...
  10. mixed up accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mixed up accounts: After recent update, my account (I am admin) and my husband's account are mixed up and tied together. The account with his name has my avatar and my email shown in settings. His email and mine are separate, mostly because he usually uses a gmail account, but any change made...