Windows 10: How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495

Discus and support How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed an upgrade to my system drive to increase volume space. The old system disk has been properly saved as a "system image" on a disk in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Templin, Aug 23, 2020.

1. How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495

I installed an upgrade to my system drive to increase volume space. The old system disk has been properly saved as a "system image" on a disk in my system. The old system disk was removed and replaced with the new disk, which was properly initialized as an NTFS volume with the required EFI and Windoze partitions.

Unfortunately, booting with the "recovery volume" on a USB drive and using the "restore from system image" tool does not work. The result is an error that says, "The system image restore failed. Error details: The Volume ID could not be found. 0x80070495"

My system is useless and I have to work tomorrow.

What am I supposed to do now?

:)

Mark Templin, Aug 23, 2020

2. system image windows 10

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to create a system image?
    • Are you getting any error message or error code on the screen?
    I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below to create System Recovery point in Windows 10.

Steps:

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on File History, click on System Image Backup located at the bottom left corner of the window.

3. Click on Create System Image from the left menu pane.

3. You will be directed to a new window where you will be able to select where you choose to create the image in.

4. Follow on screen instructions.

Refer to the below link and check if that helps:

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Additional information:

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Aug 23, 2020
  3. more123 Win User
    How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Aug 23, 2020
  4. How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495

1. How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495 - Similar Threads - resolve system image

2. How do I resolve this particular Recovery screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I resolve this particular Recovery screen: I am having trouble moving on from each page. I know all recovery screens are different and I need help with my particular recovery screen. Can it be fixed?...
  3. How do I resolve this particular Recovery screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve this particular Recovery screen: I am having trouble moving on from each page. I know all recovery screens are different and I need help with my particular recovery screen. Can it be fixed?...
  4. How do I resolve this particular Recovery screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I resolve this system error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve this system error?: For the past several weeks I have been unable to access any microsoft related accounts from my pc. Any attempts are either met with the window closing as if the program was being blocked it isn;t blocked or an error code reading Ox8004de44.So far I have tried the following:-...
  6. How do I resolve this system error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve this system error?: For the past several weeks I have been unable to access any microsoft related accounts from my pc. Any attempts are either met with the window closing as if the program was being blocked it isn;t blocked or an error code reading Ox8004de44.So far I have tried the following:-...
  7. How do I resolve this system error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Image Recovery: Does anyone have a solution for recovering Windows 10 via a system image that works? I have tried using; a USB, network location, placing the image on the root of a new hard drive. All from the advanced startup and from the backup / restore within a clean install of Windows...
  9. System Image recovery error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image recovery error: Hi all, I am trying to do a system image recovery on my windows 10. windows identify my system image back up but it asks me to windows installation disc or a system repair disc. (which I dont have) When I try to create a system repair disc it gives following error message...
  10. windows 10 system image recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 system image recovery: when I want to use the win10 system image recovery that Ihad made... i have this problem.... after going to setting...,going to restore...,going to advance... and the going to use.. use a system image recovery, the computer goes to the page that i have to select the...