Windows 10: how do i restart print spooler

Discus and support how do i restart print spooler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I restart print spooler https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restart-print-spooler/0ddc0d8b-82b2-477c-a2fb-971080be79a1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelYoung3, Jan 14, 2021.

1. MelYoung3 Win User

how do i restart print spooler

How do I restart print spooler

:)

MelYoung3, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Akumos Win User

Script to restart print spooler

Hi

I'm trying to get a script to restart the print spooler on a server from a slient so I don't have to remote in and restart it manually each time. Is this possible?

I have the restart code, just need to point it to a server.

Code: @Echo off net stop spooler net start spooler exit[/quote] Any ideas?

Thanks

Akumos, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Print Spooler Restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The primary component of the printing interface is the print spooler. The print spooler is an executable file that manages the printing process. Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: You will need to clear spooler files and restart the spooler service.

1. Open Run dialog (Windows Key +R) and type Services.msc
      to open Windows Services.
    2. In the Services list, double-tap (or double-click) Print Spooler. Select Stop > OK.
    3. Open Run dialog once again and type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, select the file folder in the search results, and then delete all files in the folder.
    4. Open Windows Services once again as you did in step 1.
    5. In the Services list, double-tab (or double-click) Print Spooler.
    6. Select Start, and in the Startup Type list, make sure that Automatic is selected, and then select OK.

Method 2: You can follow the steps provided in the article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Naresh_K, Jan 14, 2021
  4. how do i restart print spooler

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

how do i restart print spooler

1. how do i restart print spooler - Similar Threads - restart print spooler

2. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  3. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  4. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need to restart Print Spooler every time I want to print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to restart Print Spooler every time I want to print: I'm trying to set up an HP Deskjet 2652 to work with Windows 10 10.0.19042 over WiFi.Under Printers & scanners in Settings, my printer shows up as "Default, Attention Required" I've gone through HP's support, but I still have no luck.I have found that every time I need to...
  6. Need to restart Print Spooler every time I want to print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to restart Print Spooler every time I want to print: I'm trying to set up an HP Deskjet 2652 to work with Windows 10 10.0.19042 over WiFi.Under Printers & scanners in Settings, my printer shows up as "Default, Attention Required" I've gone through HP's support, but I still have no luck.I have found that every time I need to...
  7. Need to restart Print Spooler every time I want to print

8. How do I start the print spooler in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I start the print spooler in Windows 10?: My printer won't print. I've run the troubleshooter and it tells me that I need to open the print spooler. I don't know how to open the print spooler. I need some help....
  9. How do I start my print Spooler function?

How do I start my print Spooler function?: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I have a Dell Latitude 5480 laptop and a Docuprint3105 printer. When I am trying to add a printer, it's not working, showing this message (The printer I want is not listed). I have also tried by troubleshooting but still not working. I...
  10. Print Spooler Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Spooler Restart: I am trying to install a printer. During the setup the installer stops the Print Spooler service and when it goes to restart the service, the service gets stuck on starting. When I cancel the installation the service goes back to operating normally... I've had the printer...