Windows 10: How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Discus and support How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice in Cortana to solve the problem; Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Inloopwinkel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting it back to turn off the talking and return to typing my questions.

:)

Inloopwinkel, Aug 6, 2020
  2. WOB
    Wob Win User

How do I turn off Cortana voice?

Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing
    in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate by
    voice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?

3. Isak Win User
    Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

Hi Guys !

I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text.
    Or both.
    Is there ?

Thanks !

PS.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules

Isak, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

It's perfectly ok to ask.. I think you can work out the answer for yourself.

If you type in a question, it usually generates a web search. So a browser opens. Reading out a list of browser search results would not be very useful to anyone (If the user couldn't see, it would have to be interactive, allowing the user choice- not just read out).

Other searches might find Settings, programs or apps.

The sort of questions Cortana responds to by voice are:
    What did you dream about last night?
    How old are you?

dalchina, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

1. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice - Similar Threads - restore ability communicate

2. How do I turn off Cortana voice?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off Cortana voice?: Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate byvoice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?...
  3. voice typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice typing: please help on how to do voice typing in MS Word?? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-typing/a3301c02-542c-4dcb-9b4d-64006b04175c
  4. How do I type to Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I type to Cortana?: Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk to her. Now she wants me to talk to her. She also gives me an annoying "beep beep" sound. If I click on the left side on...
  5. HOW do i enable voice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW do i enable voice: somehow this got disconnected how do i enable thank you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-voice/55d13c01-8a3a-46eb-a411-c0c83616933c
  6. How do i restore default typing settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i restore default typing settings?: thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-default-typing-settings/4e36c5b8-4c76-4d33-8a46-a5c42cf7012e
  7. How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?

How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?: I have a wireless phone that does not support faxing. I am wondering what the best method of faxing a document through the internet would be? Do I need a service? Is it possible to make it a secure document? I have Microsoft Office Home Edition 2010. I can get as far as...
  8. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  9. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  10. Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?: Hi Guys ! I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text. Or both. Is there ? Thanks ! PS. Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules 66145