Windows 10: How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Discus and support How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice in Cortana to solve the problem; Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Inloopwinkel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting it back to turn off the talking and return to typing my questions.

:)

Inloopwinkel, Aug 6, 2020
  2. WOB
    Wob Win User

How do I turn off Cortana voice?

Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing
    in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate by
    voice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?

3. Isak Win User
    Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

Hi Guys !

I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text.
    Or both.
    Is there ?

Thanks !

PS.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules

Isak, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

It's perfectly ok to ask.. I think you can work out the answer for yourself.

If you type in a question, it usually generates a web search. So a browser opens. Reading out a list of browser search results would not be very useful to anyone (If the user couldn't see, it would have to be interactive, allowing the user choice- not just read out).

Other searches might find Settings, programs or apps.

The sort of questions Cortana responds to by voice are:
    What did you dream about last night?
    How old are you?

dalchina, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

1. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice - Similar Threads - restore ability communicate

2. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  3. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  4. How do I restore the Cortana search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the Cortana search box?: I've tried right-clicking the search engine (it's only an icon), but there is no Cortana option. How do I resolve this issue? submitted by /u/victoria_queen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rix9jb/how_do_i_restore_the_cortana_search_box/
  5. Cortana abilities

in Cortana
    Cortana abilities: why Cortana can't close a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-abilities/bbacd4fa-7074-468a-92a8-95e4ae4de614
  6. How do I turn off Cortana voice?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off Cortana voice?: Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate byvoice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?...
  7. How do I type to Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I type to Cortana?: Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk to her. Now she wants me to talk to her. She also gives me an annoying "beep beep" sound. If I click on the left side on...
  8. How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?: I have a wireless phone that does not support faxing. I am wondering what the best method of faxing a document through the internet would be? Do I need a service? Is it possible to make it a secure document? I have Microsoft Office Home Edition 2010. I can get as far as...
  9. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  10. Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Cortana respond to my written inputs with voice rather than text ?: Hi Guys ! I was wondering if there is a way to get Cortana to respond to my written inputs with her voice rather than text. Or both. Is there ? Thanks ! PS. Sorry if this is a dumb question ... plz remove it if it's in violation of the forum rules 66145