Windows 10: How do I restore an accidental document file removal ?

Discus and support How do I restore an accidental document file removal ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I restore a Notepad document file that I accidentally removed? I'm using Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelHoma, Aug 26, 2018.

1. How do I restore an accidental document file removal ?

How do I restore a Notepad document file that I accidentally removed? I'm using Windows 10.

:)

MichaelHoma, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Accidentally hit wrong "remove from list" document on Word Mobile. Can I retrieve it?

KenRodgersZN, Aug 26, 2018
  4. How do I restore an accidental document file removal ?

Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I resolve this?

Furthermore, I have the issue that the original folder C:\Users\MyName\Documents apparently exists, I can read and write files onto it, but it does not show up in Explorer, even when hidden files are selected. Why is this?

MurakamiFan, Aug 26, 2018
  5. Skylly
    Skylly Member
    Open Computer by clicking the Start button. , and then clicking Computer.
    Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then click Restore previous versions. If you still not find your file, you can refer to this guide:
    How To Restore Accidentally Deleted Files

Skylly, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

How do I restore an accidental document file removal ?

1. How do I restore an accidental document file removal ? - Similar Threads - restore accidental document

2. Accidental folder move, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental folder move, how do I restore?: Hi,Yesterday in file explorer whilst moving the mouse pointer I accidentally dragged the Pictures folder to the one below it in the folder tree. This is my default pictures folder and has several GB of pictures and videos. It seemed to move it instantly, but when I dragged it...
  3. Accidental folder move, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental folder move, how do I restore?: Hi,Yesterday in file explorer whilst moving the mouse pointer I accidentally dragged the Pictures folder to the one below it in the folder tree. This is my default pictures folder and has several GB of pictures and videos. It seemed to move it instantly, but when I dragged it...
  4. How to restore an app i accidentally removed from search bar

in Cortana
    How to restore an app i accidentally removed from search bar: So what happened is that i was watching a YouTube tutorial saying how to run an app without admin credentials , when i changed the target of the app , i accidentally removed the app from the search bar , how do i restore it to the search bar ? btw the app is the Command...
  5. How to remove accidental file association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove accidental file association: So I was trying to install a program that needs to be unassigned from a default program in order to work, but when trying to install it, I accidentally assigned .jar files to always open in Adobe Acrobat. I can figure out how to change which program opens the file, but I...
  6. how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted: I accidentally deleted Favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-favorites-that-i-accidentally/cc0df6cc-fcb6-4e1a-a4e0-3c4408167dd5
  7. Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved documents location. how do I restore it?: I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably should have made the file structure inside the D drive first. How do I fix it? I can't create a new folder inside my user...
  8. How do I restore removed apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I restore removed apps?: How do I restore removed apps, after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-removed-apps/cfb09564-d20f-4f76-9c12-3bb5d56d9fec
  9. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  10. How do I restore accidentally deleted roaming.lock?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I restore accidentally deleted roaming.lock?: While trying to reset Spotlight somehow roaming.lock got deleted How can I restore this? 89689