Windows 10: How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?

Discus and support How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A couple days ago my laptop crashed and for some reason all my Paint 3D projects the ones that show up in the Paint Start Menu and I haven't saved as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hepandeerus, Jan 9, 2023.

1. How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?

A couple days ago my laptop crashed and for some reason all my Paint 3D projects the ones that show up in the Paint Start Menu and I haven't saved as images on my laptop got "deleted". This already happened once before over a year ago but I just got on and it didn't matter but now it does 'cos all my random sketches that I'm sentimental about are "gone".So I looked up where P3D saves project files %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects and found all the projects from even before the crash over a year ago, not deleted but saved as individual folders call

:)

hepandeerus, Jan 9, 2023

2. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin
    files. Are my projects gone forever?

PaulMiles3, Jan 9, 2023
  3. An accidental paint 3D project deletion

So... not so long ago I've accidentally deleted my Paint 3D project, and been looking for ways to recover the project. I would like to know if it is even possible to recover it. I'm open to suggestions and quite desperate to get it back, if you know anyway to recover said project please type out you're suggestions/ideas I will be very greatful.

Someone who is desperate, Jan 9, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?

An accidental paint 3D project deletion

Hi Someone who is desperate,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

If you paste this into the address bar in File Explorer, that will take you to the default save location for Paint 3D projects

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects

The only real option you have is to use a 3rd party recovery tool to try to restore that deleted project file to that folder.

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2023
Thema:

How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?

1. How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash? - Similar Threads - restore deleted Paint

2. How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore deleted Paint 3D projects after a crash?: A couple days ago my laptop crashed and for some reason all my Paint 3D projects the ones that show up in the Paint Start Menu and I haven't saved as images on my laptop got "deleted". This already happened once before over a year ago but I just got on and it didn't matter...
  3. My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted: I wanted to load a 3d project but my paint 3d crashed, when I opened it i saw that there aren't my models, i opened the app again and still no models, why did this happen, can i get them back somehow?...
  4. My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted

My paint 3d crashed and all of my 3d projects are deleted: I wanted to load a 3d project but my paint 3d crashed, when I opened it i saw that there aren't my models, i opened the app again and still no models, why did this happen, can i get them back somehow?...
  5. An accidental paint 3D project deletion

An accidental paint 3D project deletion: So... not so long ago I've accidentally deleted my Paint 3D project, and been looking for ways to recover the project. I would like to know if it is even possible to recover it. I'm open to suggestions and quite desperate to get it back, if you know anyway to recover said...
  6. An accidental paint 3D project deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An accidental paint 3D project deletion: So... not so long ago I've accidentally deleted my Paint 3D project, and been looking for ways to recover the project. I would like to know if it is even possible to recover it. I'm open to suggestions and quite desperate to get it back, if you know anyway to recover said...
  7. Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint 3D project won't open after Paint 3D crashed: I was working on something in Paint 3D and the program crashed for some reason and when I try to load the project, it tells me "Can't open that file something went wrong."Is there a way to recover my project?...
  8. Paint 3D crashed and deleted all of my projects

Paint 3D crashed and deleted all of my projects: Hi there, today I was modeling in Paint 3D and it crashed which deleted all of my projects. This is the second time the app has done this and I'm getting really frustrated. Troubleshooting does nothing, I can't use the recovery tool and I don't have any restoration points. Is...
  9. Paint 3d crashed and deleted my saved project

Paint 3d crashed and deleted my saved project: I have aeen quite a few questions about this bit have ywt to find a solution for myself. I opened paint 3d and then opened my project that i had saved two days prior and the application crashed soon after. When i reopened the application my project was missing. I tried to...
  10. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...