Windows 10: How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

Discus and support How do I restore deleted Personal folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/rbjlgna65z751.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=734f96a1835ab3ff5060a710cf391b439d6b7b26 As you can see, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Schimiter, Jun 30, 2020.

1. How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

/u/Schimiter, Jun 30, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CHow do I restore deleted Personal folder? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CHow do I restore deleted Personal folder? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jun 30, 2020
  3. (Simple Guide) How to permanently delete Steam games/ How to restore previously deleted Steam games

Good suggestion, added to the OP. I may play around with the layout so it's clearer. As for duration, I'm not entirely sure. I know that my Crysis games were removed for at least a year and had no problems restoring them.

EDIT - There you go, should be a lot clearer now *Smile How do I restore deleted Personal folder? :)

...PACMAN..., Jun 30, 2020
  4. How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

How do I delete my account?

vBulletin needs some simple function, just like "register", called "deregister". What does it do? Turns off the account. Can no longer post. Other users see the person has left and don't expect answers. (Status: deregistered). All messaging is stopped. Email and password is deleted from database. However, POSTS remain, as does the username in the user database. The username cannot be reused.

This can be functionally replicated with what w1z suggested earlier in the thread, ie. fill in the email with nonsense and manually delete anything you want removed. However, it is more elegant to have a deregister function, just as you have unsubscribe to mailing lists, just as you deregister with the various authorities when you move house etc. etc.

However, users should bang on at the forum software developers to implement this, not the forum admins themselves, who bought the software with fixed functionality.

In fact, there is an add-on for vbulletin End-User Options - Self Delete: Allow users to self-delete their account - vBulletin.org Forum

lemonadesoda, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

1. How do I restore deleted Personal folder? - Similar Threads - restore deleted Personal

2. How do I delete these restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete these restore points?: Hello earlier today I installed a fresh install of Windows 11 and while the installation there was a section that enabled me to restore settings and apps from my previous windows 10 and I choose to create a New device, but my question is how do I delete this old pc data that...
  3. How do I delete these restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete these restore points?: Hello earlier today I installed a fresh install of Windows 11 and while the installation there was a section that enabled me to restore settings and apps from my previous windows 10 and I choose to create a New device, but my question is how do I delete this old pc data that...
  4. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  5. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  6. How do I delete this folder?

7. How Do I Delete Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  8. How Do I Delete Folders

How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  9. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...
  10. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...